Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm going to keep it 10000%:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13362000&mesg_id=13362140
13362140, I'm going to keep it 10000%:
Posted by Mr. ManC, Tue Jan-14-20 07:02 PM
Obviously I am a Bernie supporter, and I feel like his platform is an important referendum on American politics, culture, and priority. If we are ok with tax cuts and perpetual war, but not the planet and a social safety net, then I'm sorry I'm kind of done on this country. There is nothing progressive about staying with a status quo that is clearly failing the majority of us.

I do honestly see this as the most important election in very recent times. I feel like Sanders has a majority, and won 22 states previously against a very popular opponent (including states that Trump won in 2016) AND there are the millions of untapped Independents, First Time Voters, and those who normally don't participate waiting for vote for him even outside the Democratic centered polls.

I also feel like if we are going to give a "Progressive" platform a shot, then let's go ALL THE WAY with the attempt, instead of doing something half-assed, and letting it fail because we elected someone who felt it was the flavor of the month, only to renege and fill their cabinet with Wall Street lobbyists.....again.

I'm at a point where I can spend my 30s and 40s and beyond fighting with and against a country where in one area I'm not a human being, and in another where if I get sick I should fuck off and die. OR I can just relocate somewhere that will have me that have already at least gotten past this argument, and participate in their economy.

So I'm all in on Sanders for the primary. If he doesn't win, my heart and head says to vote for the best candidate that reflects my interests. But at this point if people will accept a Blue no matter who and hold their nose to vote for Bloomberg or some shit, why not? In the end America will get the President that they deserve, and if the priority ISN'T revolving around the items he articulates in his plans, then this country legit may not be in my long term best interests.

*edit, btw I am not completely Bernie or bust this go round. There are a few candidates I could see being fit for President. Sanders, Warren, Yang are acceptable to me, in that order, but one is definitely different than the others.