Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLil Wayne’s “Funeral”...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13360942&mesg_id=13364615
13364615, Lil Wayne’s “Funeral”...
Posted by Creole, Fri Jan-31-20 10:19 AM
This dude is the grandpa to all of today’s publicly deemed hottest rappers. Too bad, his off-spring’s offspring don’t have the same skill and ability this dude has.

I used to shun anything from the South, when I first left there back in the 90s, because it wasn’t hot on the MTV Raps or Rap City. The. These dudes came through in ‘97/‘98, and I started to slowly shift. This cat done grown and turned into one of the illest to ever do it.

I wonder what he would have turned into with Jay’s (and his team’s) influence instead of dealing with the shiggidy he’s dealt with as the star in Baby’s camp.

It would be bananas if he worked with many of the other elder statesmen in the game. I wonder what he and Black Thought would sound like on a track or three together. Him and Styles and Jada. Him and the Griselda cats would be sick. What would him and 50 or Nas or Pusha or Roc M or Mos or Rozay or Lupe or J. Cole or Kendrick. There are a few others I’m sure he’d go dumb with. Him and Jay Rock went crazy together on “Bing James” (track 8).

Anyway, I’m on track 19 (Piano Trap) and have only heard one or two songs with subpar beats but the lyricism was still ridiculous. Enjoy this because we may not get another one.