Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBoy did he ever!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13360918&mesg_id=13361322
13361322, Boy did he ever!
Posted by navajo joe, Tue Jan-07-20 11:50 AM
>
>You ever respond to her present vote, or did you hide out long
>enough folks forgot?
>
>LOL  
>

1. When he finally showed back up, instead of addressing Gabbard's vote head-on he brought up the NDAA and claimed only Bernie and Tulsi voted against it and its three previous incarnations. This isn't true for a number of reasons. You can look at the 2020 NDAA votes alone and see why:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/1790/actions?KWICView=false

Not to mention Booker has voted against it last year and also Kamala Harris also voted against this years (although she had dropped out of the race just prior so I'm not including her)

which is why Politifact calls this False

https://www.politifact.com/vermont/statements/2019/dec/20/bernie-sanders/bernie-sanders-wrong-twice-claim-about-defense-bud/

Also considering Biden, Mayor Pete, Castro, Andrew Yang aren't in Congress so...Marianne Williamson also didn't vote on the NDAA at least on this plane of existence. El Bloombito no votar por this porque el no esta in Congress tambieither. 

It was worth a shot, I guess.

I guess you could try to argue not voting is the same as voting no. But if not voting is the same as voting against something does that mean that Tulsi Gabbard not voting for the extension of the Voting Rights Act means she's against it? 
You'll notice he's not really pushing that line about Tulsi and Sanders in regards to the NDAA now. Now it's about the 188 democrats and partisan fanboying and blah blah blah. 

2. He also brought up Gabbard's push to censure Trump. A stunning rebuke he said! Sounds dope and courageous and all that shit, right? Well, he left out that she introduced this on the eve of the impeachment vote as a bullshit half-of-a-half-measure to avoid having to vote on impeachment. Censure is a rebuke. A sternly worded bunch of words. 

People can't be removed for being censured nor will anyone resign for it. There's no trial in the Senate because it isn't an indictment. She tried to get out of voting for impeachment by throwing a hail mary when that didn't work she voted 'Present'. And he has the gall to mock other Dems for cowardice and lack of vision. Clownshoes. 

3. He also tried the full Republican route. He used the exact same words as the Republicans (specifically Collins) did during the hearings to try and minimize the fact that Trump was impeached and why. He claimed Trump was impeached 'over a phone call' but what he was actually impeached for was Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Justice. Trump withheld military aid from an ally because he wanted a foreign power to engage in an illegal investigation into one of his election opponents. Then, when the whistle got blown he and his administration lied about it and refused to honor congressional subpoenas. Just last week a major NY Times story broke about the pushback WITHIN the administration over the withheld aid.
These niggas KNEW they'd fucked up. So more information keeps coming out about just how extensive this all was and how fucked Trump and his people are on this. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/29/us/politics/trump-ukraine-military-aid.html

But it was already clear it wasn't just 'over a phone call' and it wasn't some minimal political bullshit. That's why the Republicans and now Vex have tried so desperately to make it so. It makes their guy, or in Vex's case gal, look better. The problem is it is a gross mischaracterization of the truth. It's akin to saying Harvey Weinstein is on trial for being a bad date or Cosby is in jail for overserving. Btw, there are lots of people doing lots of time 'over phone calls'. 

I'm mildly impressed Vex didn't trot out other famous Republican talking points like 'No quid pro quo,' 'Read the transcript!' 'They got caught!' But you got to leave a little something in the tank. 

4. He then argued that the Democrats were cowards for not impeaching earlier and bringing articles of impeachment on EVERYTHING. Including Trump vetoing a bi-partisan effort to stop the Saudis in Yemen. Which isn't an impeachable offense. So I don't even know what the fuck is going on there.

By the way, remember the Dems are cowards for impeaching Trump but Tulsi is a principled hero for voting 'Present' and trying to censure Trump instead of impeaching him at all!

>I've literally never, ever witnessed anything like your Tulsi
>thing.  Nothing.  

I have, this is cult of personality right-wing shit we've seen before. Shit, I saw it during the Impeachment hearings from the Republicans. 

He will say anything for Tulsi BUT the truth. Just the way that Trumpists will say anything but the truth about Trump. They'll lie, they'll deflect, they'll jump from one argument to the next to address anything but the issue at hand. Most importantly they will justify any and everything no matter what. 

I mean he justified it when she was giving interviews to fucking Br*itbart. 

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13354635&listing_type=search#13355199

He literally justified Br*itbart as a legitimate news agency in order to justify Tulsi's interview. He did that shit. To a bunch of black people. Here. On Okayplayer. 
Maaaan, listen. You need to astral project your ass elsewhere with that bullshit. 
So this is what's going to happen: 

He's going to dismiss, deflect, lie or ignore all of this. He'll minimize (you mad?!) and he'll move goalposts (I didn't here you talk about blah blah blah). He'll attack me or maybe he'll ignore me. He did it to Reeq, Strav, Brew and you too. 

I give zero fucks. This post is not for him, it's for everyone but him. 

I will not allow people to come here and lie to black people, especially with some bullshit progressivism. 

>
>Fuck it your commitment to blind/deaf/over-the-top/borderline
>weird stannery is almost impressive.  
>
>Almost.