Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHighlights from the past 3 months:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13360584&mesg_id=13363253
13363253, Highlights from the past 3 months:
Posted by double negative, Wed Jan-22-20 12:27 PM
-Patriot. Dark comedy, smart, sad, funny, gross. Full of WTF moments, funny. Beautifully shot.

-Cartoon President. Funny, recommended if you follow politics.

-The Feed. Meh. I mean, its good but it moves SLOW as fuck.

-Mr. Robot. I havent been this fucked up on a show in a long long time. That last season was like a fucking dagger to the face. The opening to the 7th episode was fucking art...hell, that entire episode was art.

-Ray Donovan. I got through season 1 and kinda stopped at season 2. I can't find the energy to go on, it seems to drag.

-Suits. Alright. Meghan Markle is fine as hell in this show. I never got it until I watched this. The show is so bad its good. Also, Gina Torres, fine as hell.

-Season 3 of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. This show does not disappoint. I don't know how to feel about the Shy Baldwin reveal, I'm of two minds about it and and one of them is admittedly inappropriate.

-The Expanse. I'm only trying this because people keep fucking talking about it and there are 7 seasons. So far it's good-ish and I can see how it could be a Star Trek replacement. Still not sure, I don't hate it but I'm also not geeked about it, it's like a spiced up bowl of oatmeal with craisins and brown sugar.

-Legion Season 3. FUCK. Still trying to watch this, I loved season 1 and season 2 but this is getting harder to watch and justify.

-Pose Season 2. Just no. What the fuck are you doing? Season 1 was good, season 2 is...trying.

-Billions. MY NIGGA, I love this shit and I can't wait for it come back in may. It's so dumb I can't forgive myself for liking this shit. Its not even in the same realm as Succession.

-Euphoria. Tried it. Entertaining. Drake.

-Chernobyl. Fuck, why am I sad? Oh right, I watched the sad show.

-Silicon Valley. Sad to see it go. Very very sad, but, the welcome was long worn out and I get the sense the SV start up era we knew from the mid and late 2000s is gone and we're on to some other shit that I still cannot identify and I work in tech.