Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGet well, bro. I relate to this quite a bit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13359705&mesg_id=13359814
13359814, Get well, bro. I relate to this quite a bit
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Dec-18-19 12:52 PM
No health issues at this time thankfully but same age group, same deal on the introvert/extrovert thing, same deal on relationships

I have a tiny family which is basically now 2 seniors who I care for daily. There are good and bad days but as they age it really only goes in one direction and only gets harder. I live within walking distance but may have to give up my spot at some point.

Caring for them is also a daily reminder that I have no one to do the same for me when I get old or sick. I have a few really great friends who are basically family to me. One is disabled since his late 20s and his big family has been like my second family. I'm terrible about asking people for help though. I absolutely hate burdening others, when people help out I'm extra grateful but also really uncomfortable. Anything I can do myself I will, and im also not one to get into/stay in a relationship just out of fear of being alone.

Hang in there, man. Hope your medical condition improves