Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou can't foot Life alone
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13359705&mesg_id=13359705
13359705, You can't foot Life alone
Posted by allStah, Tue Dec-17-19 06:11 PM
For most of my life, I have been some what of an introvert, or should I say half-introvert, half-extrovert.

There are times where I communicate and converse with any and everyone about any and everything. But then there are times where I need to recharge, or I need to be silent and be alone with my thoughts, or just need time to myself to discover, explore,etc.

I have never had any problems with acquiring friends or networking. I was well known in high school and throughout, but I have never felt particularly close with anyone, or needing to be close to anyone. I'm the youngest on my mother side out of three children, and I was somewhat raised from a distance, having to figure out a lot of things on my own at a very early age.

My perception on life was, hey, as long as I eat well, keep healthy, stay athletic ( runner, swimmer and cycling for most of my life), maintain my humanness and humanity, and possess a great job I should be able to make it until the age of 70...So, even though ,in most of my intimate relationships, I was a good guy and a good boyfriend, I never really cared about the relationships being short term or long term. Next thing you know, life goes by, and I'm 40 something years old with no kids or marriage ( I did get married at the age of 18, but then immediately annulled).

I say all of this because up until this year life was great, but then I incurred a serious medical condition due to a traumatic fall. And now I found myself needing assistance of others, and being limited in certain physical situations. It's a very eye opening situation,and it made me come to the realization that no matter how stable you are, or how strong you are, that can all change in a blink of an eye.

It really is tough to trust people, because they may not be as humane as you or have the ability to be logical or reasonable. So many people are wrapped up in their beliefs and dogmas, that simple human communication and interaction gets disregarded.

Solitary animals don't survive as long as animals who are part of a community or pride. That pretty much goes for all organisms. I don't think females have this issue as much as males. And for men, I don't know if it is nature or nuture, or both.

End rant.