Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectCmon man- take a step back
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13358776&mesg_id=13441117
13441117, Cmon man- take a step back
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Sep-02-21 11:03 PM
You aren't being much better with this response than Bernie Bros who go hard for their boy no matter what.

No one in here is expecting perfection. Certainly not me.

BUT

Folks need to stop with this agenda give my side whatever pass is necessary to win an argument shit.

Joe started strong. He's fucking up. And his polling shows it.

Its that simple.

>This is fucking stupid. But it's the take people are taking.

literally no one is saying dems need to be perfect. Stop

>
>First: Biden never "spiked the ball" on the pandemic.

Yes he absolutely did. As did many others.

The vaccine roll out was a huge initial success.

As always, there were vax hesitant people. The Biden admin plan?

"Tell them they can take off their masks when they get vaxxed!!"

As if someone who was too much of an asshole to get vaxxed AND too much of an asshole to see the merit in masks....suddently was going to be honest about being vaxxed.

The admin also put local govts and businesses in an impossible position in most areas to be more strict than the feds...which of course didnt work and they had to cave.

All while new variants were popping up and the data WAS NOT CLEAR if vaxxed folks could still spread the virus.

>
>AND the virus changed, just like he said - and every scientist
>said - that it could.

Huh? The variants were already popping up. Thats the fucking point. His team wanted to hang that mission accomplished banner so badly- and were dumb enough to think that shit would convince people to get vaxxed.

And now....the pandemic is fucking raging again and kids are at risk.

Is it his fault? No.

But he fucked up and clearly could have done a better job.

Admitting this does not make you a bro or Maga. Its just not having a pro-dem agenda that keeps you from keepting it a buck.

>
>And since DAY 1 he's been telling people to get vaccinated,
>and follow guidelines - guidelines that could and would
>change.

K. Where did I say he didn't?
>
>Also Trump left ZERO plans for vaccine distribution other than
>to ship it to a state and say "Good luck!"

For sure. I'm ecstatic Biden beat Trump. And the initial roll out was a success.

That doesn't mean we can't talk about the mistakes aftewards.

>
>And the final airlift out of Afghanistan was always going to
>be fucked. The state department told people to LEAVE in
>February and they did not. Now it's a rush and guess what - a
>very tempting target for terrorists. (I know the translators,
>et. al could not have left in February.)

My major point on the Afghanistan thing was how naive the admin and most passionate supporters were (including around here) that "everyone agrees with Joe!" and it wouldn't hurt him.

And/or that any fall out was fake news....errr... I mean the media's fault.

His poll numbers look rough. Underwater. It started with Afghanistan.

I do disagree with you that those first few days could not have gone better though. They absolutely could have gone better. The largest military in the world didn't have a better evac plan? Cmon.

He got bad advice.

>
>And just wait until a translator who was relocated to
>Wisconsin does something like shoplifts. It'll be calls for
>Biden, Harris, Pelosi, etc. resignation on Fox News for
>months.
>

For sure. What argument are you making here? They will find a way to do that anyway.

Biden and any Dem or any human with a soul should not give 2 fucks what Fox says.

>If Afghanistan's government could fall this quickly then there
>was no real government there at all - that's 40 YEARS of
>policy failure.

I never said otherwise.

>
>
>I guess what people want is a "strong leader" who just says
>"You fuck with us and you die!" and then accomplishes
>everything perfectly.

Uh, no on the first for sure.

And again, no one expects perfection.

Why can't we talk about mistakes that he makes though?

Especially ones that lead to people dying and putting people at risk?

why is that so difficult and seemingly triggering?

>
>Trump was that leader. He accomplished nothing good - but he
>said the stupid fucking words people wanted.

Again, why are you making this argument? No one in here is advocating for Trump. At all.

>
>What people want is:
>Pandemic to go away - just like Trump said it would. Guess
>what - it's NOT doing that for many years.

Uh, no. You keep wanting this to be Trump v Biden because thats how you win.

No, I want the Biden admin (and Dems in congress) to take the pandemic more seriously.

Not saying they haven't taken it seriously, but I would like more.

Off the top that would include- more cautious messaging, whatever can legally be done to incentivize vaccines here at home, more federal guidance on school openings, a plan to vaccinate the world to stop future variants, more ongoing economic relief for those that need it, more federal requirements for vax, etc.

That isn't saying I want him to be perfect or that I want (lol lol) Trump.

And the admin absolutely made a huuge mistake in trying to spike the ball early.

So I think I'm allowed to want specific actions out of politicians, and then criticize their mistakes.

>
>And we'll leave Afghanistan but be prepared for more
>causalities on the way out because the Afghan government is
>gone - and the Taliban don't really want to help us. (Imagine
>that!)
>

Uh, ok.

What's funny about all of this, is that a lot these mistakes are also political blunders.

Had Afghanistan withdrawal gone the first few days like it did the days after, he does much better and leaves less room for criticism. In fact, he could be a fucking hero.

Had the admin put together a better plan for those evacuating, he is also a hero to many (cuz again, fuck Fox news).

Had the admin been a steady hand on the pandemic, managed expectations better, etc....he could be anywhere between hero and a guy who inherited a terrible pandemic/situation.

And now that those blunders have occurred, getting mad at people pointing them out and blaming the media sounds....Trump like. And Bro like.

And if the Dem party is taking this path, then we are truly fucked. Gotta learn from the mistakes.

But really my point in all this was dude above's point- why is it so hard to just admit when Dems fuck up these days? Why?

We haven't even touched on what happened this week. What's the plan...to fundraise?

I am beyond thankful Biden won. He has been a much better candidate and prez than I thought.

But he is having a rough few months, man.