Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think Dems fucked this up man
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13357996&mesg_id=13359069
13359069, I think Dems fucked this up man
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Dec-11-19 06:47 PM

They should have gone all in.

We all know the Senate is going to give him a pass- if they take it up at all.

Shit will probably turn into an investigation of Biden.

Everything should have been on the table. Impeach Trump for every possible/reasonable thing and hang it around the GOP's neck.

Call every witness. Go to court to get the blocked witnesses to appear.

Etc.

Instead, the judiciary rushed through it and they dropped TWO (lol) articles and quickly hid their hands.

They even gave him a trade win on the SAME day! They didn't even let impeachment marinate.

They look like they regret it or never believed it in the first place (outside of Schiff at times).

Nadler fucking looked and sounded like he was giving a book report on something he got bored of and just skimmed the end or some shit.

Hell, I don't see the relative downside of dragging the house hearings out another year and truly put the senate on the line in 2020. Air out all of this shit.

If the election is a "referendum on Trump" then lets do it.

Yeah pass some bills that will die in the senate, but keep exposing all of Trumps awfulness.

Now TWO (lol lol) articles will be sent to the senate, where they will quickly give him a pass or worse- drag out their trial with an investigation of Biden and force most of our Presidential candidates to put their campaigns on hold.

Random but related- did you see Joe Biden said recently he doesn't want Democrats to have too much power- that he wants the GOP around? The he doesn't think either party should have too much power?

I reference this because their timidness (most of the time) with impeachment, Biden's comment, their obvious disdain for Warren/Sanders, etc I think is just more and more proof that Democrats really want to be a minority party.

They aren't there to advance a progressive agenda. They are just there to make sure the GOP doesn't goo *too* far.

Shit has me fucked up man. I think its been this way at least since Reagan kicked their asses so bad Bill Clinton essentially had to run as a Republican- and he needed a spoiler at that.

I get that Democrats can only do so much to educate and inform the public.

But they could have done a lot fucking more and acted like they believed in their own mission/purpose/whatever you want to call it.

Looking like/acting like they had to hurry and get through this was a huge mistake.

And again, two articles? Clinton got two for lying about a blow job. And one of those was obstruction of justice. How did Trump not get an article for obstruction of justice?