Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOh see I don't really perceive it that way, personally.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13357996&mesg_id=13358502
13358502, Oh see I don't really perceive it that way, personally.
Posted by Brew, Fri Dec-06-19 03:48 PM
>RE: honestly, I'm way left of the dem party, but I can see how

Me too, for the record. Hella, unapologetically left of the party and the country. But in these discussions I try to be as objective and realistic as possible, sometimes to the detriment of my own arguments admittedly haha.

>impeaching trump could be HELLA useful to the party long term
>(the modern grassroots Right partially came outta the Clinton
>impeachment), but the way the Dems are playing it seem wrong
>headed as hell. The contempt for people who don't care is game
>goofy. MAKE them care, and build the infrastructure to keep
>them in your funnel.

Can you give me examples of them showing contempt for the people who don't care ? Honest request - because that's not the way I've been seeing it *at all*. I think they've been doing their best to lay out the facts without coming off as hella partisan, and that's what I've been most impressed by.

I'm not necessarily arguing that they've done *enough* to make the ambivalent people care. In this instance I'm just arguing against your claim that Schiff, Pelosi, etc. have actual *contempt* for people who are independent/apolitical/indifferent about the Ukraine stuff. I don't see it that way at all but certainly could be missing some signs.

>Instead, they're congratulating themselves on cable news.

Do you have examples of this, too ? Cause I'm not seeing this either, haha. Again, serious request - not trying to be difficult or snarky.

>It doesn't seem to be a part of any long-term strategy to do
>anything other than say "we impeached Trump in the House".

*this* I can maybe agree with. And that's mostly because they took so damn long to actually open up an inquiry. Trump's been giving them impeachment ammo since before he even got in office (I know you can't use evidence from a pre-presidency campaign to impeach but you know what I mean) so the fact that Pelosi/Schumer/et al waited til damn near the last fucking minute, while watching the world burn in the meantime, makes me think you may be right. Add that to the fact that they made this a limited inquiry rather than opening it up to *all* this clown's crimes and corruptions and you're almost definitely onto something by saying they just want to go into the election year saying "hey look we did something about him !"