Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI Liked It But To Me It Was Just Okay
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13357722&mesg_id=13437718
13437718, I Liked It But To Me It Was Just Okay
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Tue Jul-20-21 11:56 PM
I was NEVER a fan of Black Widow when I was a collector of comics when I was a kid, infact she wasn't even a main character or a attention drawer in The Avengers comics (Avengers had quite a few b-list superheroes on their roster that were great team players but couldn't hold a book on their own).

I'm not hard on female superheroes but to me they gave her the abilities of a hero that's well above her class in the movies but since the writing and acting of the other A-list characters kept the movies exciting it was easy to overlook Black Widow's part in The Avengers.

The storyline in the movie was sort of a origin story but with a lot of info taken out to keep it PG, but I feel that Disney's hand being forced to keep this a "family" movie, with so much reference to "family" being said over and over and how they keep saying she needs that "family bond" be who she is, started to make me sick.

I heard that a lot of comic collectors are pissed at how they decided to "use" Taskmaster's appearance in this movie as well; trying to convince them that the Marvel movies are never cannon to the Marvel universe comics is so hard for them to grasp but they have their right & sort of their justification to probably why the movie is getting so many mixed reviews.

Do I like it, yes, was it amazing, not in the least, luckily I enjoyed it while watching it, but I'm glad I got to see it for free but probably would just wait till it's showing on commercial tv to see it again.