Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectdoesnt sound like you had a great work environment
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13357721&mesg_id=13357741
13357741, doesnt sound like you had a great work environment
Posted by mista k5, Tue Dec-03-19 10:33 AM
you shouldnt need to be doing all of that. i know its preached to do it but i couldnt.

i hope this turns to something good for you.

as far as learning lessons or advice. im on my second "real" job. the first was a small business and this one is a much bigger company that kind of feels more like a small business than the first one.

my MO on the first job was to say yes and out work everyone. be better at everything i could. ive never been confrontational so that wasnt a big concern for me. what i did try to do is be honest and fact based on any issues. if there was a way for me to learn something and change the way i did my work to avoid issues down the road i would do it. my boss at that job was very confrontational with other departments, never willing to admit blame. he knew everything, he thought. i decided to be the good cop. if there were issues at press i would listen to the operator and get their perspective. i might still come out with the conclusion that they messed up but at least i could see what i could potentially do to help them.

what might have held me back, was told by management there, is that i wasnt very out going. i kept to myself. i still cant really over come that. in certain environments i will interact more but day to day i just like getting to my office and mind my business.

when i think back on my past job the biggest lesson i learned was to listen. get other peoples perspectives.

when there were conflicts i would send an email to the involved parties to document the problem and the steps taken to remedy it. keeping it focused on facts and solutions.

im straight up coasting at my current job so dont want to give advice based on this one lol