Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWell I want to be clear that I'm talking in reference to moving the needle.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13355672&mesg_id=13356686
13356686, Well I want to be clear that I'm talking in reference to moving the needle.
Posted by Brew, Wed Nov-20-19 02:22 PM
Not just the facts of his testimony. The facts speak for themselves, obviously. They always have. The facts are indisputable to reasonable, objective people. And to this point, each witness has given more context and credence to the known facts, which has IMO helped move the needle of public opinion, which as we know is the only way senate fascists are going to even *consider* bringing this to trial.

But Sondland's general disposition - i.e. not taking notes, "not remembering" a ton of different details, etc. - has given a lot of ammo to the fascists and has left the Dems scrambling in response a little bit, at points. You could see Schiff getting visibly agitated with Sondland's inability and/or refusal to directly answer a question about investigation for aid, for example. Which, for optics, isn't good in terms of moving the needle of public opinion.

I'm open to different interpretations and hope that I'm wrong, of course. That's just the way I've been perceiving the events of today's testimony. I don't think Sondland has been a terrific witness for The Cause.

But I hope that the majority of people aren't seeing it the way I am, so again I'm open to your interpretation and others'. I'm just trying to be objective and realistic. Maybe it's a defense mechanism lol.