Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOh I wasn't trying to argue her B-tax is too high lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354908&mesg_id=13355006
13355006, Oh I wasn't trying to argue her B-tax is too high lol
Posted by kfine, Thu Nov-07-19 11:47 AM
Just that I can see how the millionaire tax, the billionaire tax, and the capital gains and corporate tax reforms all together probably add up in a way that makes them feel unjustly targeted. Like he's legit trying to casually negotiate lol (eg. "I'd pay 20B?")

>
>a big portion of her proposal to pay for M4A is using existing
>taxes/fees that companies are already paying for health care,
>reducing them by 2%.

I honestly think its her capital gains and corporate tax reforms that must worry them most though, not the EMC or M-tax or B-tax. The capital gains and corporate tax reforms would definitely be significant increases to their tax burden since the gov has been super lenient in those areas. Plus she's not even stopping at increasing the rates, right lol... she wants to increase the frequency with which their collected and with her "mark-to-market" scheme even the jurisdictions where they'll apply. Like I was reading it thinking htf does she plan to get elected proposing some of this shit lol. But then I figured, that wasn't the ask... the ask was for her to show how M4A could be paid for without lower/middle class taxpayers having to foot the bill. On that, she succeeded.

>
>im not saying i am 100% convinced about her plan but all the
>complaints about it have been dishonest.

I will say Warren did manage to do what I thought was impossible... get a M4A-skeptic like me somewhat supportive of trying out M4A lol. But ya, like you, I still have reservations/doubt about a couple things (eg. there's one aspect in particular about her corporate tax reform I think goes too far and would be super punitive to a certain type of minority small-business owner).

Still working through details of all the different proposals, tho. I'll probably up that healthcare post you made at some point bc there's so much to digest and you're one of a handful of posters I find is also into digging behind the talking points lol.