Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLol. I know you're being snarky but you forgot Booker, Gabbard, Williamson,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13360904
13360904, Lol. I know you're being snarky but you forgot Booker, Gabbard, Williamson,
Posted by kfine, Thu Jan-02-20 06:42 PM
Delaney,Bullock... I think that's it?? edit: oops, I missed you said couple clueless billionaires lol

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how things pan out with some of these lower-polling folks. There are some that I expected to drop out by now/soon but are rebounding in terms of fundraising and/or ballot access... For example, I've seen recent news that Booker might have had his best fundraising quarter to-date despite not making the last debate. And of the lower-polling candidates, Marianne Williamson has some of the most consistent but barely detectable support.. like she's on the most ballots out of the low-polling candidates (https://twitter.com/BallotTracker/status/1211769777733156866), only missing one state and she's even one of the handful that gathered enough support to make the Democrat Abroad ballot. She *must* have a strong core of geographically distributed supporters to be meeting these filing criteria/deadlines. I'm wondering if that's still all ADOS?

Anyway, it's getting kind of hard to try to predict how the field will winnow based on just one parameter like polls, or fundraising, or ballot access, etc.

It's almost like the people that were "actually" serious about building coalitions and running for the people (eg. Kamala, Beto, Castro) are the folks dropping out after realizing their numbers weren't sustainable for a real presidential campaign. Meanwhile, many in the remaining field seem to not even be taking the first ballot all that serious. Maybe because a brokered convention is looking increasingly likely? Or maybe for leverage to push for appointments/favors at the convention?? But how, when a lot of them wouldn't make the 15% threshold for delegates?? Ugh who knows.