Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDon't try to frame this stuff as vetting, Walleye. lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13358953
13358953, Don't try to frame this stuff as vetting, Walleye. lol
Posted by kfine, Wed Dec-11-19 10:53 AM
>That's how this stuff is supposed to work -
>candidates put their track records out there as evidence of
>their positive vision for the world and we judge:
>
>a)if that's the sort of vision we want
>b)if their experience demonstrates that they can get it done
>

Vetting would imply some level of fairness and objectivity in these judgements. That's not what yall do. And I brought up Delaney because if concern about healthcare policy is TRULY why the far-left cares so much about whatever slides entry-level analyst Pete put together for a health insurer, then a closer look at the founder and executive of a former healthcare financing firm running for the Dem nomination would also be relevant. Or better yet: scrutinize Bernie as well, because the VA single-payer health system's physician shortages, facility closures, and other healthcare delivery issues haven't alleviated all these years he's been a member (and one-time Chairman) of the Senate Committee on Veteran's Affairs which is responsible for its congressional oversight. Why should he be entrusted to scale single-payer up nationally if he couldn't even help bring the VHA single-payer system up to standard?

>Nobody is singling out Pete so much as treating him like what
>he's become: a frontrunner.

Nah, this is bullshit. In fact, not only is there a lack of criticism/scrutiny of other frontrunners, not only is there definitely some weird obsession with Pete, but the abuse has spread to his staff (https://twitter.com/Lis_Smith/status/1202403237237800960)
and his supporters (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=admcxaVXn0w) which is when, in my eyes, these tactics became truly repugnant. ONLY Bernie's coalition is doing shit like this.

And don't get me started on the far-left's abusive relationship with Warren. Let her show the "slightest" sign of independent thought and she gets it almost as bad as Pete. i mean.. imagine being the only candidate to "Stand with Bernie" (I think she literally even said that verbatim during one of the debates) on single-payer, only for him to sit back and watch her take all the smoke for trying to finance HIS plan. And then EVEN MORE SMOKE from HIS OWN supporters after mapping out her own transition plan! Ugh.

It's all so toxic, Walleye.

>he's running for *president*.
>You don't get to have a three or four year work experience in
>your adult life that goes unexamined if you're applying to be
>a temp, let alone president. Was your position really that he
>didn't need to disclose this stuff any further? In a
>presidential campaign? Because that seems kind of bonkers to
>me the more I type it out.
>

Well, I think I was quite clear about my position: imho what the far-left is doing is wack, abusive, and unfair since all candidates aren't held to the same standard. It's basically devolved into cyberbullying and straight up harassment at this point. And the only reason yall even get away with it is because the rest of the field is engaging in civil contest imo. Bernie probably wouldn't survive this primary if the rest of his competitors were willing to stoop to this level and that's fact.