Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHe couldn't get Clinton over the hump against a game show host
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13357433
13357433, He couldn't get Clinton over the hump against a game show host
Posted by Walleye, Tue Nov-26-19 05:37 PM
So, no.

But what I was actually saying was that his presidency and ex-presidency has been consumed with a nearly pathological observance of "norms" - a habit the article mentioned at length - and that his decision to break those norms in order to sabotage the democratic primary would be pretty out of character.

But even if he were to do it, I've got faith that people will ignore him. Sitting out an active engagement with politics for four years when the news cycle moves as quickly as it does now means he effectively doesn't have a political voice any longer.

To your larger question: I think Bernie can win a fair fight and even a slightly unfair one. Democrats are, at the end of the day, a bunch of procedure nerds and suckups and the power brokers in the party will only sabotage him up until the point when he's a clear favorite because going beyond that will jeopardize their jobs and reputation. Sort of like what happened with the Republicans and Trump, actually. Lot of "how dare you!" dorks in the GOP shifted gears to boot licking pretty fast.