Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWe're arguing from two disparate points
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13357426
13357426, We're arguing from two disparate points
Posted by reaction, Tue Nov-26-19 05:12 PM
I am looking at it in terms of right and wrong. I've shown the numbers are close as even the Mercatus Center said "we are projecting a $32 trillion increase in federal spending, above current projected government expenditures, from 2022 to 2031. In terms of overall health care spending in the United States over the same period, however, they are actually projecting a slight reduction. There is the rub. The federal government is going to spend a lot more money on health care, but the country is going to spend about the same. “Lower spending is driven by lower provider payment rates, drug savings, and administrative cost savings,” Yevgeniy Feyman at the right-leaning Manhattan Institute told me. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/7/30/17631240/medicare-for-all-bernie-sanders-32-trillion-cost-voxcare

They might not have a guarantee that 4% will be iron clad forever or that the wealth tax portion might be slightly insufficient in 2035 but to me the big picture is so much more important than the wonkery of it. If there is a will there is a way, we will figure those things out, do you get into the minutiae of military spending where every dime and nickel has to be accounted for before we start a war? I seriously doubt it.

It can be done and it will be done. If I die and come back in 200 years best believe America will have M4A if the planet is still habitable. It just comes down to the fact that it's the right thing to do at the end of the day and even if it costs a little more (which is debatable) it is worth it. I prefer to help someone in need while they are suffering and not stand over them crossing the t's and dotting the i's on some technocratic form before my empathy is allowed to kick in. For the Bernie movement whether we need M4A or not is no longer debatable.