Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't know about that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13357421
13357421, I don't know about that
Posted by Stadiq, Tue Nov-26-19 04:51 PM
>which doesn't sound much like Obama, at all. He's
>"skeptical" of Pete, down on Warren, told Biden to sit this
>one out, said he'd work to sabotage Sanders. K.
>
>This is likely agenda wielders trying to use some vague
>comment to serve their primary preferences.
>
>-->

there were those articles circulating a while back about certain Dems panicking about their choices. Everyone from Deval Patrick to Bloomberg to Hillary were mentioned as possible late entries.

Within weeks, two of those guys jumped in. Seems like folks were on to something. This sounds like that.

You don't think Obama (or, at the very least, his team) urged Deval to at least try the waters?

If you were a moderate, would you be happy with your choices?

Not to mention, how can you say, on one hand, that the party has been/will be unfair to Bernie, but not 'buy' that the most prominent Democrat out there would work to help his opponent?

Have you kept up with the public subliminal shots Obama has taken at Bernie/Warren/squad?

This all sounds exactly like Obama to me. Even down to maintaining norms while kids are in cages and shit. In fact, I would say his desire to maintain norms + his apparent (valid) skepticism in Biden are the only things keeping him from flat out endorsing Biden now.

Also, maybe I missed something, I didn't get 'sabotage' from the article. I got 'work to stop him'- which to me essentially meant help whichever moderate is facing him- assuming Bernie and say Pete made it that far.

I also disagree that this is somehow a dog whistle or whatever. If anything, I think an article like this would energize/validate Sanders supporters who think its them against the world.

I'm still a Warren supporter and I got pissed off by this article- hell, it makes me want to throw a few bucks to Bernie.

Like I said, not sure why Obama/his team/the establishment/whoever didn't have a better plan months ago. That is also classic Obama to me- sit back and hope norms (not getting involved) play out in their favor.

I don't think he does anything until he feels he absolutely has to. So if its Bernie vs Biden/Pete or whoever...and its close? ...yeah, I think he'll be heavily involved