Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti mean the world will end before we have to handle the deficit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13357318
13357318, i mean the world will end before we have to handle the deficit
Posted by mista k5, Tue Nov-26-19 10:18 AM
spend spend spend!!!

but nah i know you do your research so i am trying to be level headed about this. i dont really believe the estimates that are being put out there. they seem to ignore financing that already exists and pretends it will just disappear if a single payer option is implemented. thats that i liked about warren keeping the employer contribution (although there are issues with it).

i havent really see anyone dispute that we are paying twice per capita on health care than any other developed nation. the money is being spent. can we cut it to half with single payer?? i wouldnt build a plan with that as a guarantee but it would at minimum make sense that we can expand coverage to everyone and keep the same cost. should also be able to improve the benefits drastically. does that mean zero premiums, zero deductibles, vision and dental????? maybe, but as i said if people above a certain threshold have to pay a small premium i would be okay with it.

the problem would be that the GOP and centrist would kill it because ohmegerd taxes!

the other side is that the wealth gap does need to be closed. that changes the dynamics too. if minimum wage is raised to $15 that could very positively improve the calculations. thats what i liked about the green new deal, it combined several big issues and provided goals to solve all of them together.