Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPick a (good) running mate for a candidate you don't like
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13357300
13357300, Pick a (good) running mate for a candidate you don't like
Posted by Walleye, Tue Nov-26-19 09:15 AM
I don't use the word "thought experiment" seriously because, out of all the types of assholes that I am, that's not one of them. So jut call it a fun thing to do among internet friends.

I'll start with something easy. May not be the best answer for this candidate but for this dumb exercise I feel moderately responsible to pick non-insane matches.

Biden and Klobuchar

Hurt to say outloud, but pretty much every financially-secure-but-perhaps-not-actually-RICH boomer lib that I know is into one of those two. And I suspect we can all agree that Biden's campaign is probably hunting desperately for who fits at least two of: younger, not white, not a dude. Klobuchar is just bonkers popular in Minnesota, a state that the GOP rather scarily seems to be targeting so she helps play defense there *and* you can at least dream that her appeal could spread to Wisconsin or Michigan. Upper Midwest doesn't really work like that, but the first part is more tangibly true and the aspiration of the second part harms nobody's chances.