Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI hear ya.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13356960
13356960, I hear ya.
Posted by kfine, Thu Nov-21-19 06:04 PM
>if they were asked to show how they would pay for their
>policies would they be able to?

Lol probably not tbh lol. I don't know, I haven't worked my way throught everyone's platforms.

would pete bring a public
>option without raising the cost of middle income americans?
>

His proposal estimates a cost of just over 1.5T which would be paid for rolling back 45 admin tax cuts and extra revenue made available by his prescription drug pricing reforms.

To be honest... I think Bernie and Kamala might be the only ones proposing to pay for healthcare reforms with taxpayer dollars (although Kamala's proposing to only raise taxes on those earning more than $100K p.a.). Even Biden's plan is looking to increasing capital gains taxes to pay for his plan, not taxpayers.

>besides bernie warren seems to be the only one being asked to
>show her work on her proposals...in democratic debates. bernie
>isnt even asked anymore.

I actually find this to be a huge injustice. He gets all the love for these pie in the sky proposals, and Warren as the only other super-progressive gets saddled with having to show how the numbers add up. It's bullshit. And to top it off, half his supporters pile on her anyway even though she's the only one making an effort to turn his ideas into substantive policy. I feel for her tbh.

>
>i know amy says thats her thing. she is only proposing things
>she know she can do and will pay for. i dont remember looking
>at her website before. i kind of dont want to lol im going to
>force myself to do so.
>

Lol please do!! Then I'll have more people to talk to on here about actual differences in policy between these people instead of twitternomics and personal biases.

>i think warren was onto something with trying to frame her
>proposals as what americans want. she is looking at the
>problems people actually have and offering actual solutions to
>them. she needs to highlight that and not let them frame her
>as some radical.
>
>i might chill out on following this for the rest of the year.
>i think i might need a breather lol

LOL nooooooo :) JK. If it makes you feel any better tho, the resources you shared in that healthcare post were really, really, good. Especially the UI report. Unfortunately, it's super wonky.. but it's also the most thorough comparison of all the different healthcare reform plans being suggested by the candidates out there, and Warren even used it as a basis to cost out her single-payer proposal. Good finds.