Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTried checking out his platform? lol that might help. Also,180s on what?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13356948
13356948, Tried checking out his platform? lol that might help. Also,180s on what?
Posted by kfine, Thu Nov-21-19 05:12 PM
Do you mind giving examples? Curious, because I'm familiar with most of his proposals and haven't detected any significant posture changes on issues (or people).

Or are you just talking about the M4A thing?? Because his position on that isn't a flip flop lol.

I find that people who view his framing of M4A as a flip-flop never actually understood how Medicare worked to begin with and are reacting to the "buzzwords" ("M4A" vs "Public Option"), as opposed to what they would actually mean in practice.

For example, of the candidates running... the person whose plan actually qualifies as being called "Medicare for All" is Kamala Harris (i.e. she wants to sunset Medicaid, open Medicare eligibility up to all Americans, and private insurers can stay in business as long as they offer their plans through the Medicare system.. which is basically how current Medicare Part C works). But Kamala's problem is that because Bernie popularized the meaning of the term "Medicare" to be single-payer, she was selling her healthcare plan as "M4A" the single-payer buzzword, as opposed to the mixed payer system it is (and which her plan maintains).

>
>but p booty just seems more and more driven by complete
>political expediency and has done complete 180s in the same
>campaign without much explanation. even his
>personality/demeanor...especially towards other
>candidates...has flip flopped a few times.
>