Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthoughts:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13356945
13356945, thoughts:
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Nov-21-19 05:00 PM
the framing of the questions was just annoyingly so far to the right it made me almost turn it off.

that being said:

Tulsi was correct about the foreign policy of other candidates, BUT she doesn't stand on solid ground thereabouts herself. Beyond "ending imperalism, ending the wars" she's wild suspect.

And I want to add, NOT on some "Russian agent" bullshit that the establishment is claiming. She's her own woman with her own agendas, and frankly they look more like a Ron Paul wet dream than otherwise.

When Kamala called her out, it was about getting REAP for being verbally slapped in an earlier debate. People ate it up, but all I'll say about Kamala here is... she had a point.

This whole assigning foreign responsibility for Tulsi's assholia is ridiculous. Again, she has her own agendas. And going on Fox IS a problem when you attack someone like Obama, because you KNOW those niggas only attack Obama in bad faith. there's no real analysis of his policy decisions. You're basically a tool for the Fox News agenda in that scenario. So if she's courting libertarians and other right-leaning people who might be cool with a more isolationist foreign policy.... why do it there? Go on Joe Rogan's show or some shit.

Cory Booker had the funniest comment to me, talking about Biden "smoking something". I think he should be more popular than he is, if your thing is "good liberal guy who doesn't want to fuck up capitalism like that". like Julian Castro, his record as mayor is spotted, but better optics than Pete (I'll get to him later)

Biden? A mess. He only survives due to the Obama association and the perception that only he can go toe-to-toe with Trump.

Butti Dogg? Dogg... this guy is the biggest bust in I don't know how long. Like Beto flamed out, but Pete? Got damn. his South Bend history is coming back to haunt him. Black folks aren't fuckin' with him and it ain't because he's gay. It's because to raise his profile, and for his political survival, he threw Black folks to the curb. And when you ain't a Black Democrat, you can't get away with all of that.

They tried to make him "Gay Obama" and now he looks like John Edwards 2.0 with the flippin and the floppin'.

Pete gotta go.

The smart money is on Warren and Sanders. And IMO, Warren is more establishment friendly. Her foreign policy ideas (if she has any) are a total mess. She carefully positions herself so as to have an out with certain crowds. I really don't know why the big donors are so afraid of her. You're gonna get better out of her than you will Biden or Butti Dogg.

Sanders? His profile has risen IMO. Corporate media is Cuban B-ing him. I was lukewarm on him when the campaigns started, now I think he stands the best chance of "pulling an Obama" (namely, getting people who DON'T vote, to vote). I think this is why he's getting the "Cuban B".

Democrats need more than their base to beat Trump. They also need to go at it more structurally. That means, attacking the GOP-run states to keep the voting cheats away. Instead of trying to court NeverTrumpers, court the working poor and other people who generally don't give a fuck. Kill 'em with common sense. This is what Sanders (and to a lesser degree Warren) is doing. Everyone else on that "let's get the people furthest to the right we can" bullshit.