Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Haha! Not a bad idea but I have yet to read/hear
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13356189
13356189, RE: Haha! Not a bad idea but I have yet to read/hear
Posted by reaction, Fri Nov-15-19 08:05 PM
>Warren is taking arrows from billionaires, Dems,
>the media, etc.

Warren has had it very easy with the media http://inthesetimes.com/features/msnbc-bernie-sanders-coverage-democratic-primary-media-analysis.html I am very skeptical of all the billionaire talk as during the summer there were multiple articles about Wall Street warming up to Warren.

>If Warren drops out, Bernie is going to get a lot
>more scrutiny than you guys want.

Bring it on! When you don't flip flop, triangulate etc. it is easy to defend against anything.

>I just did. I read his piece. It’s tin foil hat shit man.

What part of it? Please cite a specific.

>You guys are ready to declare Warren hillary 2.0 because
>she is only say 90% similar to Bernie.

I'm not calling her Hillary, if this was a normal election and Bernie never existed then she would easily be better than the rest who have a shot but why have the copy when you can have the original. Here's a thought experiment, if Bernie never ran in 2016 what would Warren's platform be today? Would she have the support she does now?

And the point is she isn't 90% Bernie, I think she's maybe 50% at best. That's what is so upsetting, the media and her campaign have worked hard to make her indistinguishable from Bernie but just younger and a woman so why not vote for her and it has obviously worked. Where is her response on Bolivia, on Lula on the killing of Palestinian children this week? We don't expect these kind of things from Pete and Joe because they don't act like they are the same as Bernie but for someone supposedly 90% his doppelganger the absence of a stand on leftist issues is glaring.

>And there are plenty of bad/disappointing plans from
>Biden and Pete.
>
>Why no posts about those?

Biden is not trying to co-opt and is so glaringly bad that if people fall for him there's no hope anyways. Pete did try to co-opt a bit at the beginning but is now Biden Jr. At least he has the respect to call his plan something else and not constantly say on the debate stage "I'm with Bernie" and then become Pete Jr. :) Kamala tried to be super progressive at the beginning and her flip flopping killed her campaign. I'm curious about the response to Warren's about face, she seems to be getting a lot of pushback even from some of her devotees which I haven't seen before so this next week leading up to and including the debate will be very interesting.

>And as others have pointed out, her transition
>plan isn’t terribly different than Bernie’s.

Manufactured consent, they are the same, they are the same. They are not the same because WE DO NOT TRUST HER and have no reason to, she took none of the arrows that he's taken for decades on these issues and she gets to reap the spoils? How can we know she won't pivot even more, it's only Nov. of primary season for goodness sake. Why are we even discussing her and what she might or might not do when there is someone right there who no one doubts will fight from day one because that's who he's proven to be time and time again.

>But Bernie is less likely to get major legislation
>passed - or at least just as likely.

Nope. Movement politics.

>By your own admission, M4A would take years

I never said that, I said Bernie might not be successful, and he might not but two things are guaranteed. He will surround himself with people who actually want it and he will try.

>Bernie holding rallies in Manchins back yard
>isn’t going to work, hell it isn’t even going
>to happen.

Just because you've never seen it before doesn't mean it can't happen.

>And, why would your movement go away in
>a Warren pres?
>
>So sanders supporters are only going to fight
>if he’s pres?
>
>Which takes us back to...is it about wthe movement,
>or is it about Bernie?
>
>Are you guys going to take your ball and go home?
>
>What about him? He wouldn’t help Warren?

He would and so would the people but the same excitement wouldn't be there. I don't think anybody would deny that there is more excitement and passion behind Bernie than any other candidate. One of the reasons for that is because the activists are with him. The energy and excitement would dissipate after the convention with her as leader. I read a lot of Warren supporters and many of them just don't care about the policies, not all but a lot just want to see Trump out, things back to normal and head to brunch :)

>The media hasn’t taken Bernie seriously. It’s odd.

They are hoping he goes away and we're not going anywhere.

>And, if she just went to fully co-signing Bernie’s plan,
>y’all would accuse her of co-opting blah blah.

No, just stick with your convictions. Bernie put a drug plan out with Booker and Kamala today, I expect him to stick with it. M4A had 16 cosponsors, funnily enough most of them all ran for President and slowly but surely we're down to 1 person who truly wants the bill as written to happen.

>But no, you guys are determined to take down
>Warren, which you have to admit at least risks
>propping up a guy like Pete.

We dealt with bringing the truth out about Pete back in the spring and now it looks like we'll have to remind everyone about all that again.