Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectcan you help me understand the transition path in bernies plan?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13356154
13356154, can you help me understand the transition path in bernies plan?
Posted by mista k5, Fri Nov-15-19 04:38 PM
my understanding is he would bring medicare eligibility age down to 55 in 2022, 45 in 2023, 35 in 2024 then complete the transition in 2025. under 18 will have medicare starting in 2022 as well.

my question is what his transition plan is for those over 18 and under 55/45/35 so they have an option for affordable care during the transition period.

also, private insurance would remain until 2025 under bernies plan right?

i have read some concerns about warrens plan and i wont say they are all without merit. i do think the plan is sensible. i do have some concerns but it is the most detailed plan i have read and it seems logical. she knows she wont be able to turn on a switch and have private insurance gone over night. she takes actions to improve and expand existing medicare within 100 days, in 2021. she really answers a lot of doubts i have about petes all who want it slogan. she actually lays out an option for people that are not happy with their current insurance that would be affordable until medicare is expanded to all. i see it as a way to insure that we do get rid of private insurance as people really would prefer the medicare option.