Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDo you reply with macros? It's always the same thing :)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13356149
13356149, Do you reply with macros? It's always the same thing :)
Posted by reaction, Fri Nov-15-19 04:11 PM
>On top of it, many of your attacks are tin-foil hat type stuff
>like this link. Her plan is designed to divide? LOL

One of the things that really irks me about the discussions on here is that no idea is discussed on its merits, it's always who is the messenger. An idea is an idea and I would gladly entertain an argument about some of the ideas laid out in Carl's piece. Sorry "credentialed Jacobin contributor and activist."

>She is trying to win the fucking nomination, then the
>election.

Even one of her fiercest defenders Ryan Grim conceded on Twitter that it is her pivoting to the center already which is something I may have warned about a time or two...

>Yet, you dismiss a plan that could help more people (than
>current system) much sooner, and has more chance to pass.

It might help if she could beat Trump (doubtful) and she would actually do it (doubtful) and it would pass without a movement behind it (doubtful). Again my biggest gripe is the co-opting of our movement that almost EVERY candidate has done before pivoting away. Hide behind Bernie and then slowly triangulate away. I respect people with true intentions even if I disagree, but it's the obfuscating which undermines and divides the movements that activists like Bernie have been fighting for for decades and just damages the end goal by muddying the waters.