Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLOL @ linking a bunch of TYT anti-Pete tabloid junk after I said miss me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13356125
13356125, LOL @ linking a bunch of TYT anti-Pete tabloid junk after I said miss me
Posted by kfine, Fri Nov-15-19 02:16 PM

I think what it is... is they don't produce news to inform. Just massive info turds for people who already hate the same people they hate or like the same people they like. Tbh I just dislike aggressive opinion journalism in general, regardless of format. So ya.

Anyway. I have no idea why they're so obsessed with him. Or what tectonic shift in US democracy yall think will be caused by the minute contextual details of "why" the illegall eavesdropping on those calls began. But there's not really anything new I could read about the case that could change my position. I think racism in any police force is a problem and should be dealt with accordingly. I also think the way those officers went about trying to expose racism in their police force was a problem to be dealt with accordingly. These are not mutually exclusive ideas.

What would yall have had a mayor do instead anyway? Knowingly violate a federal statute to settle a personnel issue? Join members of his police force in illegal activity being investigated by the FBI? Exacerbate unrest in the city that recently elected him based on the unsubstantiated claims of police personnel under federal investigation?? Smh come on