Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject"Exposing" is an interesting word to use. Wouldnt be my choice lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13354635&mesg_id=13356067
13356067, "Exposing" is an interesting word to use. Wouldnt be my choice lol
Posted by kfine, Fri Nov-15-19 11:22 AM
It was interesting watching them hyperventilate over news items that those who had been following Pete's rise already knew about with greater nuance than they bothered to attempt. I can tolerate Cenk in small doses but for the most part, I find TYT super annoying and barely journalism. They remind me of like Tucker Carlson but far left instead of far right and if he held panels instead of interviewing guests solo.

I still to this day think that whole SB police chief story is such a non-factor and, quite frankly, am not convinced I wouldn't have handled it differently if I were the executive in his situation lol.

I tried to pose to a friend once what if a similar situation happened but with a data breach instead of a recording.

Like, imagine you're a newly hired director for some garden variety government agency. You've barely made it a year in your position when it comes to your attention that one of your employees has been under investigation by federal law enforcement for hacking into a classified hr database system bc he believed some of his fellow employees were racist and he was trying to find dirt on them. The deperment's inspector general and the fbi had been monitoring him since way before you even became this dude's boss, and you're being informed because if you or your division either accidentally or intentionally view, process, or do anything with this data he's been compiling you could be held criminally liable under federal law.

I'd be like *WTF* and dude could NOT stop doing what he's doing/leave the agency quickly enough. Whether his racism hunch was true or not, im not jeopardizing my or any of my employees freedom or livelihood bc this dude wants to be on some paranoid vigilante shit. There's a whole other mechanism to file racial discrimination complaints and he could have fucking did that. foh lol