Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI hate okp lol and Kanye too. Because this is so beautiful.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13353376&mesg_id=13353598
13353598, I hate okp lol and Kanye too. Because this is so beautiful.
Posted by kfine, Sun Oct-27-19 05:13 PM
Hating okp because I read through this post and it set my expectations super low, which then set me up for the inevitable:

I am moved by Kanye's spiritual awakening and this is the best quality, most coherent, music he's put out in years.

Like, I have to fight to keep anger towards him in my heart right now. I wish this was the Kanye we got after Yeezus (which I actually liked.. his most unlistenable music to me was his last album, but according to him in that Big Boy interview that was his rock bottom mentally/emotionally, so)

I "never" thought I would come back around on Kanye. And I'm not even sure I fully have. But my own spiritual orientation resonates with the message he's spreading through this music and interviews/appearances since its release... and my natural response is empathy, forgiveness, and joy. I can't help it guys lol 🖤

Either he is going through something truly powerful right now, or he is the sneakiest troll ever who I will hate again shortly after some other unconscionable stunt. I really hope this is all for real tho.