Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBeating other people's kids
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13348683
13348683, Beating other people's kids
Posted by naame, Mon Sep-23-19 08:37 AM
At my daughter's bus stop today some elementary school children were playing on the trees. You would hope that these skinny little kids would not be heavy enough or strong enough to break the branches of a 30 year old tree but it happened. I had seen the older boys playing in the trees in the beginning of the school year and mentioned to them not to play in the trees because they would break the branches. Today's conversation with the little smart ass went like this:
Me: Oh would you look at that, broken branches.
Bad ass child: What branches?
Me: You blind now? You see those branches. Stop lying.
BAC: It wasn't me it was like that before I got here.
Me: Oh ok
BAC #2: It wasn't him!

I wasn't out there when it happened but another father was and come to find out he spoke to one of the boys. He told the boy to get out of the tree. After the boy broke the branches the father went to speak to him and the Bad Ass Child told him to "Fuck off."

Sheeeeeiiit

I asked the Dad if he laid hands on the boy and he said no. I told him that's grounds for an ass whooping. If you got a smart ass mouth, you gotta be prepared to get your ass whooped.

America has imported more warlord theocracy from Afghanistan than it has exported democracy.
13348685, Yeah no, I'm not going to jail.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Sep-23-19 08:54 AM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13348687, Father needs to start doing some pushups, get some bass...
Posted by flipnile, Mon Sep-23-19 09:12 AM
...in his voice.

You remember as a kid there were some men that you just didn't fuck with... they had that look. That father clearly doesn't have that.

Not beating any kids tho... don't spank my own kid.
13348690, definitely not beating someone else's kid.
Posted by tariqhu, Mon Sep-23-19 09:25 AM
I don't do that to mine.

I was at target sometime ago. saw a father and daughter having an exchange. by exchange, I mean the 4-5 year old was yelling at dad. telling him he didn't tell her what to do. she runs this. not him. he was whispering, trying to be the calm. not wanting to make a bigger scene.

it wasn't working. lil lady was hot about him not buying something. they kept going back & forth. eventually pops held his hand out and said let's go. lil mommma slap his hand and said you don't tell me!

I was stunned. but watched the train wreck with my wife. glad my kids have never done anything like that. it would've been handled differently.
13348693, Hell nah... can’t do that anymore
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Sep-23-19 09:55 AM
13348711, Yeah you can...
Posted by hip bopper, Mon Sep-23-19 11:53 AM
One kid got all disrespectful and another adult came over and grab that kid’s arm and was told to respect adults.

13348696, Reminds me of The Slap.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Sep-23-19 10:14 AM
If I could discipline anyone else’s kids it’d be the slow-walking motherfuckers that make me late so many times during the week because they won’t get on the bus.
13348698, You can't just walk around them, or pass them in the street
Posted by flipnile, Mon Sep-23-19 10:16 AM
13348699, No. School buses stop traffic on both sides of the street.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Sep-23-19 10:25 AM
Until every slow-motion “no hurries, no worries” face ass nigga is on the bus.
13348703, Oh, you're talking abuot driving. I fully agree
Posted by flipnile, Mon Sep-23-19 10:59 AM
School buses make everything slow. First day of school I noticed traffic was worse because of them.

Unfortunately, the "adults" in my neighborhood are way worse than the teens, in both noise and chaos.
13348712, Kids should not be hit at all, period.
Posted by Damali, Mon Sep-23-19 12:00 PM
Like not at all ever.
Zero.

It does not work in the long term, even if you think its "working" in the short term.

Every single thing we know about the human brain and child development says this. Its clear science.

It simply breeds resentment, sneaky behavior, self-harm, negative self-thoughts, insecurity etc etc

It's abuse. it's unjustified.

sorry, but no.

d
13348715, ^
Posted by mista k5, Mon Sep-23-19 12:05 PM
13348719, Agreed. Hitting your kids trains them to accept that kind of abuse
Posted by flipnile, Mon Sep-23-19 12:09 PM
13348721, The #1 reason why these kids are punks these days
Posted by hip bopper, Mon Sep-23-19 12:16 PM
>Like not at all ever.
>Zero.
>
>It does not work in the long term, even if you think its
>"working" in the short term.
>
>Every single thing we know about the human brain and child
>development says this. Its clear science.
>
>It simply breeds resentment, sneaky behavior, self-harm,
>negative self-thoughts, insecurity etc etc
>
>It's abuse. it's unjustified.
>
>sorry, but no.
>
>d

13348742, assaulting them makes them tougher?
Posted by tariqhu, Mon Sep-23-19 01:05 PM
13348748, Discipline is not assault.
Posted by hip bopper, Mon Sep-23-19 01:18 PM
Of course instruction should come before any discipline... which is a major mistake parents have made down through the years. This generation of parents (us in particular) has made the decision not to discipline them. As a result we have a generation of disrespectful, disobedient, do whatever they feel like kids. This also stems from black folks listening to whites on how to discipline and raise their children. We can keep thinking that NO disciplinary action is the best way, but we will continue to see generation after generation get worse and not live by any type of moral code.

13348777, its not discipline.
Posted by tariqhu, Mon Sep-23-19 02:16 PM
its punishment from parents that don't feel that other options will work. it has nothing to do with how disrespectful kids are. if anything, it makes them not speak up or not do things later in life because they're afraid of what may happen. kids barely communicating with their parents for fear of being 'disrespectful'.

I'm sure you, like me, know a bunch of knuckleheads that were spanked/whooped/beat growing up. and a bunch of other folks that will tell you they're fine tho they were beat too.

its simply not the best way to get the kid's behavior to change. more so a way to let a parent take out anger on a helpless kid.
13348787, First off you didn’t really read my post.
Posted by hip bopper, Mon Sep-23-19 02:48 PM
>its punishment from parents that don't feel that other
>options will work. it has nothing to do with how disrespectful
>kids are. if anything, it makes them not speak up or not do
>things later in life because they're afraid of what may
>happen. kids barely communicating with their parents for fear
>of being 'disrespectful'.
>
>I'm sure you, like me, know a bunch of knuckleheads that were
>spanked/whooped/beat growing up. and a bunch of other folks
>that will tell you they're fine tho they were beat too.
>
>its simply not the best way to get the kid's behavior to
>change. more so a way to let a parent take out anger on a
>helpless kid.

The most important thing is instruction. Now if a kid fails to listen to instruction then punishment is the next step. Most people whoop their children, but there are other forms of discipline. Whoopings are the fastest way to get their attention. Do people take whooping their kids to far... absolutely.

Yes all of us that grew up in the 70’s and 80’s knew that our parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and/or older siblings would get in our arse for getting out of line along with the neighborhood watch. Were they perfect in doing so, absolutely not!!!! We did know that if we acted up then we were going to face consequences. These kids don’t give that respect because our generation hasn’t demanded it from these kids. As they get older it should be less whooping and more continued instruction to gear them for adult life.

The main thing I tell folks about kids is to guard your own self against anger. It will have you react in a way that could be detrimental to someone else.

So if you have kids and they get disrespectful with you, curse you out, you view them as helpless?

13348797, you know folks that
Posted by tariqhu, Mon Sep-23-19 03:06 PM
were getting beat weren't getting civilized talks. sure, some parents would do that, but not typically. those talks came in the form of yelling before, during, and after the whoopings. having a convo before, in a calm manner, sounds good but its not the reality in general.

I do have kids, 2 of them. I don't need my hands or belt, whatever weapon, to let them knew they don't run our house. kids will say disrespectful shit at times. that's part of their growth. I grew up in the 70's. disrespect didn't start with the generation after.

and to be honest, a lot of folks confuse disrespect and fear. folks want kids to be scared of them. scared to talk or express their feelings to the folks that are supposed to love them and welcome communication. I use to believe in that too, but now I see it makes no sense.
13348889, RE: you know folks that
Posted by hip bopper, Tue Sep-24-19 10:52 AM
>were getting beat weren't getting civilized talks. sure, some
>parents would do that, but not typically. those talks came in
>the form of yelling before, during, and after the whoopings.
>having a convo before, in a calm manner, sounds good but its
>not the reality in general.
>

Man this isn’t the truth. My mom and my grandmother would always give a lecture before we got it. It got to the point where I was like just give me the whoopin’. Now my old man was a totally different story. We didn’t have anytime to explain ourselves before he went in. I know that in some cases (if not most) that the whoopin’ came before the instruction, which is wrong to do.

>I do have kids, 2 of them. I don't need my hands or belt,
>whatever weapon, to let them knew they don't run our house.
>kids will say disrespectful shit at times. that's part of
>their growth. I grew up in the 70's. disrespect didn't start
>with the generation after.
>

Okay I asked if you viewed them as helpless for being disrespectful.

>and to be honest, a lot of folks confuse disrespect and fear.
>folks want kids to be scared of them. scared to talk or
>express their feelings to the folks that are supposed to love
>them and welcome communication. I use to believe in that too,
>but now I see it makes no sense.

This is mainly because the older generation felt like they were one in the same which was a mistake. My kids mother tries to use these tactics, but I keep telling her that why that don’t respect het now. Parents should always let their children express themselves because a lot of times they speak truth. A lot of times parents don’t want to hear the truth especially if it involves them. This brings me back to how important instruction is. At some point whooping will cease as they get older, but instruction will carry on for a lifetime.

13348900, not sure I understand the premise of this question.
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Sep-24-19 11:46 AM

>Okay I asked if you viewed them as helpless for being
>disrespectful.

as in not being able to communicate better?
13348907, This was in post 25 from you...
Posted by hip bopper, Tue Sep-24-19 12:07 PM
>its simply not the best way to get the kid's behavior to change. more so a way to let a >parent take out anger on a helpless kid.

So I am asking that if your child was disrespectful, then you still view them as helpless?

13348937, not helpless because of being disrespectul.
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Sep-24-19 01:07 PM
helpless in the since of the parent beating the kid who usually can't or won't fight back.
13348947, Okay so help me out with this one...
Posted by hip bopper, Tue Sep-24-19 01:24 PM
So you think that a kid should be able to fight back if they are getting disciplined legitimately for disrespect or even disobedience?

Yes they are helpless in real cases of abuse. If a parent is whooping for any and every reason then that is a helpless who can’t fight back I agree with you.

13348953, I don't think the parent should be fighting the child.
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Sep-24-19 01:43 PM
let's start there. we couch it with different words like discipline, etc. but if you're hitting somebody in the street or your SO the same way, its assault or domestic violence.

I say helpless because most kids just aren't going to fight their parents. at least not til they get bigger and feel like they can take pops down lol.

I grew up fearing my mother and got taller than her quickly, but I wouldn't dare got at her for a number of reasons. the fear was from being 'disciplined', like a ton of folks in my generation. most of my friends, cousins, and neighbors had the same fear.

I don't want my kids to be in fear in their own home cuz we want to punish them like that.
13348968, And I wasn’t saying that the parent should fight their child.
Posted by hip bopper, Tue Sep-24-19 02:02 PM
You are also speaking about situations that happened in our day where the whole family would get you, so no you wouldn’t think about doing anything.

Crazy thing though is that most kids feel like the punishment almost never fits the crime. So in today’s world where whooping is much less or nonexistent the way that it used to be, you have kids being disrespectful to parents and other adults. Kids not listening to authority (school administrators or police). Kids killing parents and other adults for no reason whatsoever. All in the name of I don’t want to instill fear in my kids, but if punishment is done properly then you won’t instill fear in them. This is where parents must be creative in punishing their children with other means other than whooping them.

13348974, this is the gist of it....
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Sep-24-19 02:18 PM
This is where
>parents must be creative in punishing their children with
>other means other than whooping them.
>

we agree here.

I just don't really see a need to include whooping at all.
13348813, violence is assault. There are other ways to discipline
Posted by Damali, Mon Sep-23-19 04:12 PM
it also depends on what is the point of the discipline?

is it to assert dominance?

is it to enforce compliance?

i see you talking about respect, but respect is something that should be earned and not beat into someone...trust me if you gotta beat a child for them to "behave", they surely don't respect you even you think their compliance equals respect.

so you want respect or copmliance, my dude?

I'm not sure if you have the range for this discussion, btw, cuz your brain seems mad binary.

d
13348894, You cannot mix the two.
Posted by hip bopper, Tue Sep-24-19 11:20 AM
>it also depends on what is the point of the discipline?
>
>is it to assert dominance?
>
>is it to enforce compliance?
>

It’s neither... whooping your child is not assault. Now if you whoop them for no legitimate reason at all then now we can say it’s assault. If the first reaction is to whoop instead of instructing them, then yes it’s assault. If your kids fail at something and the first thing you want to do is whoop them, then you do need to look at yourself as the problem. It’s not about dominance or compliance. It should be about teaching, discipline, and continued teaching.

>i see you talking about respect, but respect is something that
>should be earned and not beat into someone...trust me if you
>gotta beat a child for them to "behave", they surely don't
>respect you even you think their compliance equals respect.
>
>so you want respect or copmliance, my dude?
>

It’s always about respect. You can never beat respect into kids. Anyone with any sense should know that. Trust me you will always have kids that “touch the oven when they know it’s hot” type of mentality. You also seem to be confusing constant discipline with situational discipline. Our generation of kids got that constant discipline where damn near everything you did wrong was a whoopin, but that is not what I’m speaking to. If after instruction is given and a kid still refuses to listen then some disciplinary action should be taken. Also discipline is not always a whoopin btw. I got so creative with my kids as they were getting older that they would ask for a whooping instead of the punishment they received.

>I'm not sure if you have the range for this discussion, btw,
>cuz your brain seems mad binary.

And yours is too narrow to discuss this.

13349147, this is a pretty narrowminded and unresearched response fam. c'mon...smh
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Sep-25-19 11:38 AM

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"
13349231, Nah you just have a small that can’t grasp reality
Posted by hip bopper, Wed Sep-25-19 02:16 PM

13348744, stupid remarks deserve silence
Posted by tomjohn29, Mon Sep-23-19 01:13 PM
13348759, Which is advice that you should follow.
Posted by hip bopper, Mon Sep-23-19 01:40 PM

13348790, Lmao
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Sep-23-19 02:52 PM
13348746, ^^ hits kids for using cashback credit cards for gas and doodads
Posted by Oak27, Mon Sep-23-19 01:15 PM
13348761, Nah stupid
Posted by hip bopper, Mon Sep-23-19 01:45 PM
Just for being disrespectful to grown folks. Life will beat them enough for mishandling their money.

13348856, so what's the reason for countless prior generations of punks?
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Sep-23-19 09:00 PM
13348982, lol great question
Posted by Damali, Tue Sep-24-19 02:34 PM
13349645, It's really interesting to me that adults so rarely see that
Posted by Hitokiri, Fri Sep-27-19 10:02 AM
literally everything they say about the youth was said about them when they were youth. Was said about the generation before them when they were youth. Said about the generation before that when they were youth. It's fucking ridiculous.
13348769, add me to the list of people who they resent
Posted by naame, Mon Sep-23-19 01:57 PM
because I put my hands on them after they told me to fuck off after they did some shit I told them not to do

America has imported more warlord theocracy from Afghanistan than it has exported democracy.
13348776, Yeah while we act like we’re laying hands out here.
Posted by hip bopper, Mon Sep-23-19 02:15 PM
>because I put my hands on them after they told me to fuck off
>after they did some shit I told them not to do
>

13348792, and no parents have come for you?
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Sep-23-19 02:53 PM
13348799, nobody has touched any children bro
Posted by naame, Mon Sep-23-19 03:14 PM
nobody is coming for me for telling their children not to do something

13348823, Either I read this wrong or you frontin’
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Sep-23-19 04:44 PM
13348851, Lol in this scenario
Posted by naame, Mon Sep-23-19 07:39 PM
me putting my hands on someone else's child is hypothetical

13348814, so your ego was bruised and you had to save face. Got it LOL
Posted by Damali, Mon Sep-23-19 04:13 PM
13348853, He didn't tell ME to fuck off
Posted by naame, Mon Sep-23-19 07:41 PM
He lied to me, which was an offense in and of itself but not to the point of spanking

13348842, oh lord I done seen it all LOL
Posted by Ray_Snill, Mon Sep-23-19 06:19 PM

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif
13348902, Seriously!
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Tue Sep-24-19 11:53 AM
13348901, Kinda strange coming from a woman who murdered 3 of her kids.
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Tue Sep-24-19 11:47 AM
Like, its never right to kill your kids.
Like, never at all in the long term.

We have the science and, you know, the ethics to understand this.

But yeah, keep bullshittin.

13348908, RE: Kinda strange coming from a woman who murdered 3 of her kids.
Posted by hip bopper, Tue Sep-24-19 12:08 PM
Whoa... what what?

13348912, About 3/4 months ago....
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Tue Sep-24-19 12:21 PM
I can't remember the name of the post(I know mofoz remember it tho), she basically bragged about having 3 abortions like it was something to be proud of.

Now she holier-than-thou'n the game up like her shit don't stink.

But naw, it stinks REAL bad!

13348915, WOOOOOOOWWWWWWW... say word!!!!!!
Posted by hip bopper, Tue Sep-24-19 12:28 PM

13348977, Damn bro, they gonna get you for this one
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-24-19 02:23 PM
13348984, Disgusting. WTF is wrong with you?
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Tue Sep-24-19 02:39 PM
13349247, You're gonna shame her now on a public forum for something
Posted by mellowboogie, Wed Sep-25-19 02:54 PM
that she did for her own reasons and her own CHOICE? Fuck you and fuck men like you.
13349849, Hmmm....such a cruel/rude take on things.
Posted by isaaaa, Sun Sep-29-19 04:36 PM

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://www.Tupreme.com
13348914, You need to be banned for this dumb shit
Posted by naame, Tue Sep-24-19 12:27 PM

13348918, ^^
Posted by mista k5, Tue Sep-24-19 12:32 PM
13348919, If holding people accountable for hypocrisy is ban-worthy.....
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Tue Sep-24-19 12:34 PM
...then it is what it is.

13348989, Tell ‘em why you mad son!!!!
Posted by hip bopper, Tue Sep-24-19 03:18 PM
I agree

And the mods can ban me for being in agreeance!!!

13349036, He can’t.. he’s band
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-24-19 06:58 PM
13348956, i agree. I'm reporting this hate speech to the mods.
Posted by Damali, Tue Sep-24-19 01:46 PM
paging rjcc, cyrenyoung, etc
13348975, already on it.
Posted by CyrenYoung, Tue Sep-24-19 02:20 PM

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
13348979, .
Posted by Damali, Tue Sep-24-19 02:34 PM
13349090, hate speech LMAO
Posted by Amritsar, Wed Sep-25-19 09:04 AM
oh sweetie
13349143, I would hate it if someone pulled my card like that
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Sep-25-19 11:34 AM
It ain’t hate speech tho..

13349234, You’d be all in your feelings huh? LOL
Posted by hip bopper, Wed Sep-25-19 02:18 PM
A real G would clap back though instead of whining to moderators.

13349272, Sheeeit. I keeps one in the chamber
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Sep-25-19 03:48 PM
13349305, i have no interest in being a "Real G"..that's some fake shit anyway
Posted by Hot_Damali, Wed Sep-25-19 05:03 PM
trying to prove you're real is the most insecure shit lol

d
13349264, LMAO...
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Sep-25-19 03:34 PM
>It ain’t hate speech tho..
>
>
13349300, eh.. i'd say calling a woman a triple murderer for her abortions
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Sep-25-19 04:50 PM
and trying to act like it's some kind of proof of hypocrisy of her stance on discipline is some pretty hate speechy shit

i don't necessarily agree with damali's never hit ever stance, but that shit was way outta bounds

13349302, It’s foul for sure..
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Sep-25-19 04:56 PM
but it’s not hate speech.

13349333, of course a misogynist wouldn't think so LOL
Posted by Hot_Damali, Wed Sep-25-19 08:17 PM
maybe sit this one out, chief. the die has already been cast.

d
13349360, The die? Pun intended or nah?
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Sep-26-19 08:14 AM
13349378, RE: The die? Pun intended or nah?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Sep-26-19 09:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj207azLGSc
13348957, RE: Kinda strange coming from a woman who murdered 3 of her kids.
Posted by Damali, Tue Sep-24-19 01:47 PM
>Like, its never right to kill your kids.
>Like, never at all in the long term.
>
>
>We have the science and, you know, the ethics to understand
>this.
>
>But yeah, keep bullshittin.
>
>
>
>
>

For the record, so the mods can see.

13348960, your ad hominem attack doesn't faze me at all
Posted by Damali, Tue Sep-24-19 01:50 PM
it just reveals who you are...its a function of someone who can't form a coherent argument.

women can have legal abortions and you hate to see it LOL

too bad for you.

d
13349248, He sounds incredibly dumb as fuck.
Posted by mellowboogie, Wed Sep-25-19 02:55 PM
13348964, ***Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif***
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Sep-24-19 01:54 PM
13349012, did you really need to take it there? geezus
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Sep-24-19 04:42 PM
13349235, the fuck? c'mon man
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Sep-25-19 02:21 PM
13349647, You're a piece of fucking shit.
Posted by Hitokiri, Fri Sep-27-19 10:10 AM
13349009, as a means of discipline and conditioning, absolutely not
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Sep-24-19 04:40 PM
but if they threaten someone or flat out challenge someone, i think all bets are off. that's not about them getting hit to learn or un-learn behavior, that's about them learning that you can't go around doing whatever you please and expect to face no consequences.
13348718, SoWhat ain't e-die for this
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Sep-23-19 12:07 PM
(personally, the liability of coming into contact with other people's kids in this crazy ass society got me like "NOPE" on GP)
13348720, word..i felt like i had to represent on his behalf.
Posted by Damali, Mon Sep-23-19 12:09 PM
13348775, lol@e-die
Posted by Vector, Mon Sep-23-19 02:15 PM
13348793, He also said exposed penis by a flasher was a teachable moment
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Sep-23-19 02:55 PM
Not going to get into the discipline vs assault argument.

That’s loaded from jump

13348876, Oh for fuck's sake.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Tue Sep-24-19 09:18 AM
13348877, This is exactly why he e-died
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-24-19 09:20 AM
13349158, I'm going to have to see what this was in context.
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Sep-25-19 11:59 AM
because my mind just says:

"ok, it's a penis. as long as the dude is all the way over there, you can just say you just saw a penis."
13349201, Exactly.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Wed Sep-25-19 01:21 PM
Which is what SoWhat was saying but that wasn't acceptable for these fucking knuckle-draggers.
13349377, would you call the cops if a flasher was at the playground
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Sep-26-19 09:20 AM
He said no, he would use it as a teachable moment.

Fuck that shit bro
13349440, again. if the flasher is all the way over there
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Sep-26-19 11:51 AM
it could be traumatic, and you could teach someone about what trauma is and why flashing in public is bad.

no harm no foul.

way you reacting here it sounds like you saying "SoWhat was gonna teach people how to flash they dick at people"

which I KNOW that dude didn't say. cause if he did, bushes

but you don't need to always call the cops. unless this dude is a recurring offender. I suspect that's what he meant but I don't know the post
13349442, if i remember right people upped the scenarios and he kept shrugging em off
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Sep-26-19 12:01 PM
off

what if he was jerking in front of a school
what if he jerked it in front of a woman
what if he jerked it in front of kids because that's what got him off.

his response was pretty much *shrug* people have fantasies and and as long as he didn't touch the kids, and its just a dick lol

i don't know if the post still exists
13349477, Doesn’t matter.. these folks be teachin the truth to the young black youth
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Sep-26-19 01:45 PM
13349450, Yeah.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Thu Sep-26-19 12:33 PM
>it could be traumatic, and you could teach someone about what
>trauma is and why flashing in public is bad.
>
>no harm no foul.

If I recall, and I do a bit but not at all completely, SoWhat's point was less about whether or not he'd call the cops but more about the reaction to the guy in front of the kid(s). Like don't freak out...
>
>way you reacting here it sounds like you saying "SoWhat was
>gonna teach people how to flash they dick at people"

Not even close but, you know... knuckle draggers gotta keep the knuckles to the ground.
>
>
>which I KNOW that dude didn't say. cause if he did, bushes
>
>but you don't need to always call the cops. unless this dude
>is a recurring offender. I suspect that's what he meant but I
>don't know the post
13349476, Lmao. No.. it wasn’t sowhat teaching kids to flash.. smh
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Sep-26-19 01:44 PM
Mynoriti’s post below details what was presented and dude kept shrugging it off

and not himself, the different scenarios.

I know where I am tho.. y’all some each on yeah one while dude is splashing on your kids jacket and shit

“That’s just sperm.. good for the skin”
13348805, don't just assume it's gonna be an easy win
Posted by Adwhizz, Mon Sep-23-19 03:48 PM
https://youtu.be/UlM2whnwlSg?t=162

Plus you never know who's holding heat in these streets
13348819, all of this here^^
Posted by tully_blanchard, Mon Sep-23-19 04:26 PM

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id
13348843, fam i almost got jumped by some high schoolers
Posted by Reeq, Mon Sep-23-19 06:37 PM
on the basketball court one day.

and some puerto rican dude i was playing with pulled a gun out his gym bag and ran em off.

dude assumed i was puerto rican too and i aint tell him no different. cuando llegaraaaaaa...🎵
13348849, AHAHAAHAA, probably started trying to remember every BIT
Posted by Adwhizz, Mon Sep-23-19 07:25 PM
of Spanish you learned in school

AYE CARUMBA!, MI VIDA LOCA, ORALE!
13348875, RE: AHAHAAHAA, probably started trying to remember every BIT
Posted by rdhull, Tue Sep-24-19 08:51 AM
>of Spanish you learned in school
>
>
>AYE CARUMBA!, MI VIDA LOCA, ORALE!

Lmao
13348845, you need YOUR a** whooped...
Posted by Trinity444, Mon Sep-23-19 07:03 PM
lol

kidding :-)

real tho, which we’re you concerned about...the health of the tree or the kids hurting themselves?

I loved climbing trees as a kid...
13348854, The tree!
Posted by naame, Mon Sep-23-19 07:42 PM
If they hurt themselves it won't affect my condo fees. Replacing them trees is expensive

13348855, lol...
Posted by Trinity444, Mon Sep-23-19 08:45 PM
I ain’t mad at’cha

13348981, Damnnnnnnn
Posted by Lurkmode, Tue Sep-24-19 02:34 PM
This thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnc5KHSASAE
13348990, hilarity
Posted by naame, Tue Sep-24-19 03:19 PM

13348985, i used to baby sit these 3 brothers when i was in high school
Posted by GriftyMcgrift, Tue Sep-24-19 02:52 PM
they were like 4 - 6 - 8

just absolute terrors

their family was good friends with my family since before they were born

anyways the dad says to me who was a good ol country boy he's like THEY GIVE YOU ANY LIP YOU KNOCK THE SHIT OUT OF THEM

id be like sir im not hitting your children lol
13349001, My coworker is mad progressive
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-24-19 03:53 PM
I was shocked when they said they give their nephew a pop on the hand if he touches something they told him not to touch. (Plug socket or oven door)

She said “if I didn’t my sister wouldn’t respect me for letting him touch things he has been warned not to touch”

She’s from the sticks tho

13349008, I wouldn't beat my own kids, ever
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Sep-24-19 04:36 PM
And "kids" of anyone else either. But if someone is say 15 and up and they wanna act grown and talk shit? Act like they would intimidate someone? That's a different story. Really there it's only the prospect of legal trouble protecting them because some of these cats are out of pocket. Don't get me wrong, I see a lot of 15-25 cats at the gym and most are respectful or at least harmless. But about 1 in every 100 thinks they are just beyond reproach.
13349002, The problem is that you can get into a big jam over nothing
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Sep-24-19 03:53 PM
But hell yeah I see some lil teenage mufuckas who could use a meaty two-piece to let them know that they don't live in a glass bubble. For me learning that my mouth could get my ass kicked was a valuable lesson and I see quite a few kids who could use it.
13349005, No thanks, not worth the criminal/civil issues related to it.
Posted by isaaaa, Tue Sep-24-19 04:05 PM

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://www.Tupreme.com
13349089, This is just like those classic posts from back in the day
Posted by Vector, Wed Sep-25-19 09:02 AM
13349306, which is why most of the good folks left...especially women.
Posted by Hot_Damali, Wed Sep-25-19 05:04 PM
13349249, If an adult can't find any other way to raise their kids that doesn't
Posted by mellowboogie, Wed Sep-25-19 02:59 PM
include hitting them, there's a fucking problem.

1. Child = small & impressionable
2. Adult = big, grown & influential

So why is number 2 intimidating the fuck out of number 1? Why has the brain not worked a little overtime to figure out another way?

13349322, NOW I've seen it all
Posted by Ray_Snill, Wed Sep-25-19 07:08 PM

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif
13349327, has a 10 year old ever told you to fuck off?
Posted by naame, Wed Sep-25-19 07:21 PM
13349365, my take on it..... ( as far as disciplining you own kids)
Posted by KnowOne, Thu Sep-26-19 08:38 AM
I received spankings as a child, however my father would always calmly sit me down first and have a conversation about what I did wrong, why it was wrong, and why I was being punished before it would happen. He never beat me out of anger, and if he was angry at the moment he would say he would discipline me later that day & give his self time to calm down and regroup.

On the other hand my friends would get smacked around at the drop of the hat with no explanation from their parents. Their discipline was clearly abuse.

I think 90% of the time corporal punishment is not necessary and is often just used as an easy answer. But I dont think the other extreme is right either where you say never under any circumstances should it be used.

It also depends on the child. My parents could talk till they was blue in the face. Punish/ground me, etc and it wouldnt phase me. I was grounded for almost a month in the summer with no tv and toys. I was fine, all I needed was my imagination. And my stubbornness would make me want to show them I was having fun regardless of their punishment. But a little spanking...that would straighten me up real quick. On the flip side my cousin would BEG to get a beating rather than have to spend just 1 weekend on punishment. He would walk off that beating and go right back to doing what got him in trouble to begin with. But being grounded drove him crazy and would make him change.

So I think its about knowing the child, and doing everything with love. I have a son and have not raised my hand to him yet, and dont plan to. But I wouldn't say it will never ever happen. If it does though I would be using my father approach and do everything with love.

As for other peoples kids. Id never touch a strangers kid. Friends or family, Id never spank them but Id never want them to know that. I want them to at least thing its on the table if needed lol.
13349369, Discipline and abuse are two totally different things
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Sep-26-19 08:51 AM
This place tho.. they are text book so if a recent study or white person says it then it’s truth.

It’s not that simple tho.

13349433, haha
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Sep-26-19 11:40 AM
>This place tho.. they are text book so if a recent study or
>white person says it then it’s truth.
13349441, Niggas said they never threw tantrums as toddlers on here fam
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Sep-26-19 11:55 AM
That’s when I knew I was dealing with some fake ass perfect niggas.

One dude said he was reading newspapers at 2 or some shit.

Muhhfukkkas B Lyon
13349656, No you’re dealing with dumb niggas
Posted by hip bopper, Fri Sep-27-19 10:39 AM

13349486, LOL.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Thu Sep-26-19 01:53 PM
>This place tho.. they are text book so if a recent study or
>white person says it then it’s truth.
>
>It’s not that simple tho.
>
>

Folks don't agree with you, so then they must only follow what white people say, yes?
13349489, Hush Stanley!
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Sep-26-19 01:58 PM
13349491, Just checkin'
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Thu Sep-26-19 02:01 PM
13349646, thats a reasonable approach
Posted by mista k5, Fri Sep-27-19 10:09 AM
not going to argue any of it. you made a lot of good points.
13349859, all bets are off if you hit someone else's kid
Posted by atruhead, Sun Sep-29-19 08:34 PM
P.S. Im always amazed by how weird people are on here