Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThis family ain't shit, and I love it. This finale was fire
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13346802&mesg_id=13351987
13351987, This family ain't shit, and I love it. This finale was fire
Posted by spenzalii, Tue Oct-15-19 11:26 AM
After being a broken patsy the entire season Kendall finally reclaims his balls and sticks the knife in Logan's back. Going in, you had to figure Ken was the sacrifice (even though Tom should have got the axe for a number of reasons). But once he gave Logan the Judas kiss, it was a wrap. You have to think he's been plotting the whole season, biding his time, but to see him drop the bomb was extremely satisfying. And props to Brian Cox for his portrayal of Logan. The slight smile at the end knowing that, while he's proper fucked, his boy finally became the killer he needed to be was beautiful. S3 is going to be insane.

Shiv really ain't shit. She's a freak, since it's obvious the 3-some was about her and not about Tom, but she ain't shit. She had zero problem with offering Tom up as the sacrifice (and really, he deserves to be fired anyway, but for the purpose of the hearing and shareholder meetings he's not a bog enough fish to fry). Props to Tom for telling her she ain't shit too. The dynamic between them should be interesting next season. Of all the kids, Shiv is probably the most like Logan, but she doesn't quite have the savvy to make the most of her moves. Once she went in to save Tom's ass, she ensured she would never get the chance to run the company.

Connor is such a fuck-up, but great comic relief. How the hell is $100 mil a small hit? Logan took him out quick.

Somehow, Roman comes out looking like the best of the worst here, as he avoided getting killed, did the meeting to get foreign money, and had the balls to tell Logan not to do it. With Gerri on his side he could make a good CEO, and Kendall looked proud of his brother when Logan asked if he could do it. Of course, with Ken blowing everything to hell at the end, who knows how that plays out. Roman is still an psychological mess (obvious mommy issues, sexual hangups, and facing the very real possibility of torture and death will do that to you) but has made intelligent business moves and relationships. He was getting pressed on Gerri but pivoted out of that one nicely, if callously ('Haven't we killed enough women already?' Fantastic line)

Tom still ain't shit either, and I'm in the 'FU Tom' line (mainly because you see those types in business everywhere), but I can't say I'm not feeling a little sorry for him. Business-wise he's been set to take the fall all season. Nobody in the family respects him. His wife definitely doesn't respect him. True, he knew what he was signing up for, and did it in the hopes of money and power, so you get what you get. Still, the scene of Tom and Shiv on the beach was tough. Eating Logan's chicken was hilarious.