Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy tone is mad friendly!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13346205&mesg_id=13346431
13346431, My tone is mad friendly!
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Sep-05-19 11:57 AM
It's kinda hypocritical to accuse people of not being able to think on their own when you're using someone else's words to speak for yourself, and that might be part of the reason people are responding the way they are.
But anyway, those were my honest thoughts on what the woman said, b/c the histories, the way people find out and thus implications of the issues are vastly different. If this issue is capable of standing on its own, its probably best to let it do so, as one or both of these issues is being disrespected by the comparison. It's cheap and either ignorant or disingenuous.

To the point about Hart, I think he was trying to defend and support LNX but the "why would you hate it" question was silly. Just chill out. It's almost like he was drunk and spouting off without just hearing the kid out first.

Another weird thing about the clip to me is that there's a room full of mostly black men who are all understanding and attentive but they only pan to show the white guy actively listening. It's subtle, but it's registering to people subconsciously. And maybe the whole show takes time to show the rest of them listening, but this is clip they chose to use as marketing, so there's that.