Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHere's the most recent one
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13346122&mesg_id=13346162
13346162, Here's the most recent one
Posted by Cam, Wed Sep-04-19 10:52 AM
Katie, Truxton Circle -
Violent assault at Florida/North Cap
I was assaulted by a woman outside the Valero at Florida/North Cap yesterday (Monday) at around 6:35pm. The attack was very violent. I was crossing the Valero parking lot and planned to cross Florida Ave when I noticed her. She looked strange to me so I started walking away in the opposite direction to avoid her but she spun around, lunged for me and threw me to the ground by my hair. I don't know if she was on drugs or suffering from some serious mental illness (or both), but she was completely out of control. Most of my wounds are defensive and I reportedly was able to fight back pretty well (I blacked out for part of it). She beat my head with her fists, ripped out half my hair, bit my leg and arm, and also tried to rip off my clothing (as a result they are categorizing this as a sexual assault). The police and ambulance were there within minutes and I believe that the intervention of two woman (mother and daughter) may have saved my life. I always exercise common sense and have lived in this neighborhood for 2.5 years. I no longer feel safe in this neighborhood and will be moving ASAP. Please be careful out there - she remains at large and is very dangerous. I thank God she didn't have a knife, and/or that she wasn't a man. I have reported this information to the police.

Description of person involved – Hair: Black, Top: Red or pink, Bottom: shorts, Shoes: I don't know, Age: 24-40, Build: 5'6, Race: Black, Sex: Female, Other details: chunky

Every third comment:
Linda, LeDroit Park -
I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm new to this area and this just terrifies me.

Alyssa, Gallery Place Chinatown -
Thanks for the alert. I don’t blame you for fleeing. The safe neighborhoods in this city no longer are.

Karen, Eckington -
So sorry to hear this and completely understand why you are moving. I see so many people walking the neighborhood at night alone or on streets that I know are dangerous. We need to look for each other and be vigilant at all times. Be good to yourself over the next few weeks. Heal and lots of self care.

You'd think home sale costs would dip, based on all of this alleged apparent danger they describe, instead of increasing.