Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhere's the white, Korean, Chinese, and equivalent of Malik Yoba?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13346035&mesg_id=13347230
13347230, Where's the white, Korean, Chinese, and equivalent of Malik Yoba?
Posted by Kira, Thu Sep-12-19 11:25 AM
SPOILER ALERT: This revelation was known and rumored for years.dl

We not about to turn this into a campaign to fight transphobia solely in the black community when the white community and other communities commit violence and leverage power to enforce policy. Clearly this is not a fight against transphobia...

I don't know if Malik's stepping out is natural or his way to get back into the good graces of Hollywood by aligning himself with the white LGBT community. I'm happy he's embraced his truth. If individuals from other communities do not step out as Malik put it with the same media campaign then this another attack by the white LGBT community.

I'm more concerned about tangible issues that have an effect on me like police brutality and the fight for reparations. Stop using my community to fight causes that further distract us while vilifying us at the same time. You not about to diss me then tell me to fix an issue to your benefit. Go fight transphobia in the white community if it's this real.