Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectgood Lord. cisgender is not a pejorative term
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13346035&mesg_id=13347157
13347157, good Lord. cisgender is not a pejorative term
Posted by atruhead, Wed Sep-11-19 05:52 PM
>Weird how they have absolutely no problem labeling everyone
>outside of their alphabet...cis
>
>If I'm cis...nigga, you gay.

you and I are cisgender males because we identify as what we were born
I dont assume anyone's orientation, but I'll go out on a limb and say you like women born female the way I do. if they continue to identify as women, it's a safe bet they're cisgender

if we're going to be respectful and see people as they wish (Caitlyn Jenner might be the most famous example, I just Googled and RuPaul is a drag queen identifying as a man), transgender people deserve to have their experiences respected and validated, which starts with simply labeling them how they've asked. it's not that difficult for a well functioning adult to do if it matters to them

so there are cisgender people (us) and transgender people born one gender who feel like they're the opposite within

I don't claim to understand or relate to how any of this works, especially not when cis men (like me and you) love transgender men (people born female who had a sex change), but it's really none of my business, and I know there are too many instances (a dramatized television show on FX, even) for me to cast doubt and call it bullshit like Rachel Dolezal claiming to be transracial

I feel like this is all falling on deaf ears, but I hope this helps