Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAll my projects are connected to another project...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13345777&mesg_id=13346305
13346305, All my projects are connected to another project...
Posted by sectachrome86, Wed Sep-04-19 05:20 PM
I'm getting a new roof and paint job. Insurance is covering the roof and half the paint due to hail damage. $4500 out of pocket.

While they are doing the paint work I'm having them remove the shutters and just add trim around the front windows to update it a bit.

But I also have a small wood front porch that's painted the house colors. Its seen better days so I dont want to waste money repainting it. I want to redo it with composite decking like I have in the back so I dont have to worry about touching up paint all the time. Waiting for the estimate on how much thats going to cost but I'm bracing myself.

Then my front door is going to look kind of dated so I want to replace that too. And the exterior lights.

Then I have a retractable awning over the back patio that A. isn't in great condition anymore and B. is going to look extra ugly when everything else is all freshened up. Hoping I can get lucky and insurance will replace it because it also has hail damage.

I dont like half assing stuff or having things mismatched so now I basically need to redo the entire fucking exterior of my house. A lot of it just needs to be done anyway and its going to look 100x better but damn.