Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI have the lowest interest rate card my credit union offers
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13345646&mesg_id=13345648
13345648, I have the lowest interest rate card my credit union offers
Posted by handle, Fri Aug-30-19 11:57 AM
It has 1% points, basically every $10,000 you spend you get $100 back.

I put ALL normal bills, plus gas, groceries, and eating out on it when possible.

The I pay the entire balance as I go, like every few days I check and I transfer the balance from checking to it so there's never a balance owed.

I think in the past 5 years I have paid less than $10 in intrest.

But the good thing about using a credit card is : If you get scammed you have a very good chance of getting the money back. Debit cards certainly don't offer that.

There are cards that offer far greater rewards, but I'm using mine more for protection than rewards.

Some pages:
https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/credit-cards/best-rewards-credit-cards/

Example: Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card

HIGHLIGHTS
*No annual fee
*$200 online cash rewards bonus after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
*Earn 3% cash back on gas or your choice of one of five other popular categories, 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs (up to $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club quarterly purchases) and unlimited 1% on all other purchases

Example: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express

HIGHLIGHTS
*Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
*NEW 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions.
*NEW 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more.
*6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
***$95 annual fee.