Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBumped into a friend of my husband's
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13344191&mesg_id=13344223
13344223, Bumped into a friend of my husband's
Posted by Pamalama, Wed Aug-21-19 10:42 AM
Let's call this friend Jack. Jack told me a mutual friend (let's call her Jill,) that they're both close to, may be exhibiting early signs of dementia . A few weeks ago, we had our annual cookout, which Jill always attended. She could not remember how to get here. I thought it was odd, but kept it moving, Jack said he constantly reminds her of recent conversations/decisions that have taken place and also mentioned she can't remember how to get to places she regularly frequents. Whenever he tells her they've already discussed ABC, she gets really agitated and...yeah. When asked if he was sure, he said yes, because he has a parent who has full on dementia and what he sees with Jill, he saw in his mom. Jill lives by herself, no kids and doesn't have the best relationship with her siblings, etc.

Jack asked me not tell my husband about this, but I think I should. But then again, it's not for me to tell. If the three of them run in the same circles, they should have the conversation, right? Whatever I decide to do, somebody will be mad. I just hope Jack tells him.