Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt seemed to have been more of a warning shot
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13344033&mesg_id=13360744
13360744, It seemed to have been more of a warning shot
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Dec-31-19 01:10 PM
Since that story broke you have reports of Obama privately supporting Warren and Dem Donors freaking out, likely pivoting to Warren in a last ditch effort to thwart the Sanders momentum.

I don't think anyone believes Biden is it - even Dem donors still supporting him lol.

>but here's what I say about Bernie: he's not doing too much
>different than what Obama did in 2008.
>
>Campaigning with a massive ground game, and going hard at
>non-voters to get them engaged.
>
>he's also hitting a populist nerve in the midst of extreme
>crisis.
>
>the difference is, I have less concern that he will diverge
>from his "marketing" than other candidates.

Obama obviously was a once-in-a-lifetime JFK type candidate with out of this world charisma - and all of the attributes that appealed to the "better angels" of what America likes to think of itself as (diverse, unified, optimistic) --- but Obama also was not set as an individual and was still sort of evolving/growing into the kind of person and President he wanted to be.

With Bernie - he's been who he's been for a half-century. There's no "feeling out" stage - he knows exactly what he wants to accomplish and I do not believe he will deviate or get aggregated by Washington like so many before him. It will be an immense challenge but the Administration and Federal Agencies he would appoint and surround himself with to me would be as impressive (if not more) than his individual impact as President. His candidacy is one of the first I've seen in a long time that is legitimately not about just one person - but a coalition/community movement on the ground that is actually viable.

>Me being me, I'm looking to see what the real plan (from Dems)
>will be if Nominee Sanders comes to fruition. What kind of
>triangulating bullshit will they attempt behind his back?

It's been frustrating as all hell to acknowledge that - in some Dem Establishment circles - a second Trump terms seems more palatable than a Sanders nomination.

And that's precisely why his movement needs to succeed.

-->