Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI still believe the Biden margin was bloated from the jump
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13344033&mesg_id=13344893
13344893, I still believe the Biden margin was bloated from the jump
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Aug-26-19 04:49 PM
He was surely the Establishment hopeful because he really wasn't going to challenge much of the deep-rooted status quo infrastructure. He is a product of that and was going to just be "not Trump" - but thankfully - regardless of all the advantages in the world - he just ain't built for this at this stage in his life. Hell, you could argue he's never been built for this. He's essentially the Democratic Mitt Romney. People forget how quickly Obama dismembered him in 2008. Biden is still that same gaffe-prone, lack of substance type of guy, only older with (unfortunate) cognitive decline.

I'm not saying this to be cruel. I think Uncle Joe is a good dude at the end of the day - but he's had his time in the sun and he's simply not the guy to lead this next movement. Like at all.

>based on the poll numbers it looks like people dropped biden
>for warren right? thats interesting. i figured warren gained a
>bit but the biden support would have gone to a moderate. i
>would guess the people that switched to warren did so because
>of the perceived electability.

as you and Tek pointed out - looks like bernie & warren seemed split that Biden dropout vote (though it still seems a bit unclear to me). It would make sense to surmise that the Biden support would go to another moderate - but I don't think voters are really all that sophisticated. They likely were pro-Biden just because of the name and Obama nostalgia - and most voters don't get into policy very much at all and just vote on instinct. So I could see how Biden's support would go to a candidate really not all that ideologically aligned with him (not that Biden really has an ideology other than "hey I'm not Trump!")

>if biden keeps dropping who else steps up to challenge warren
>and bernie? i cant imagine we go into voting with them two
>being the only realistic choice. i can hope though lol

DNC definitely not gonna like this lol. Expect Kamala and her Clinton team to throw the full-court pressure on to try and fill the void in a last effort to get her back to "top tier" status. I think she's the only candidate who might be able to mount anything significant to challenge Warren or Bernie at this point. If it becomes inevitable that it will be a Bernie v. Warren race - expect the DNC to throw its entire weight behind Warren (as corporate donors/interests already have pledged to do).
-->