Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectoh is this just about diversity for diversitys sake
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13344033&mesg_id=13344760
13344760, oh is this just about diversity for diversitys sake
Posted by Reeq, Sun Aug-25-19 03:38 PM
or is it about winning an election?

maybe i misinterpreted your post.

i mean...its cool to draw from a diverse crowd. but if that diverse crowd is primarily among an age group that hardly votes...then whats the point?

plus...im not sure bernies demo breakdown is all that noteworthy (going by the pew crosstabs). warren crushes him with white voters (like 65% of ballots cast in the primary). they are virtually tied among latinos.

he beats warren with black voters but theyre both in single digits. he is virtually tied with kamala among black voters...which can go a few ways. on one (superficial) hand...he is tied with a black woman. on the other...he is tied with a much lesser known candidate who many black people have already come out against because of her prosecutorial record. for bernie...a national figure at the forefront of the dem party...to be polling closer to warren and harris than he is to another national figure in biden...thats not exactly a good thing imo.

as far as there being no 'lizzy bro' narrative...i havent seen her supporters relentlessly attacking women, minorities, liberal cable news hosts/guests...freedom fighters like john lewis, dolores huerta, etc. you seem to think they earned the bernie bro moniker/reputation simply because they were white men?