Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou know what? My hunch is Sanders doesn't do "poorly" with 50+ per se,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13344033&mesg_id=13344490
13344490, You know what? My hunch is Sanders doesn't do "poorly" with 50+ per se,
Posted by kfine, Thu Aug-22-19 04:15 PM
just that when Biden finally entered the race he stole his Boomer lunch (lol), for lack of a better term.

Remember how Sanders was leading by double digits before Biden announced? I think Biden announced and literally stole those entire bars from Bernie's chart.

Tbh my hunch was actually reinforced further by one of "your" links in that other poll post:

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13342507&mesg_id=13342507&page=#13344066

where you shared the figure from that poll where the top 2nd choice of both Biden and Sanders supporters was each other. I think it's STRICTLY Boomers converging on Biden and Sanders.

There's a few analyses floating around that show Sanders seems to have the most fiercely loyal supporters, but that's "now"... and I believe comprised mostly of his Millenial/Gen Z supporters.

I saw a figure elsewhere (I wish I could remember, I'd link it for sure) where it showed that Sanders also leads the field in supporters that voice NO 2nd choice or are undecided on a 2nd choice. Again, I think those are Bernie's Millenials/Gen Z supporters (who seem to be attracted mostly by ideology, as opposed to his Boomer supporters... who are probably just on some Boomer shit).

Boomers seem to be rooting almost exclusively for other Boomers; mostly 1)Biden 2) Sanders and 3) Warren (the donor analysis I linked above shows a surprisingly large proportion of Warren's donors have been 65+)

>
>going by those pew crosstabs...
>
>bernie dominates the age group that votes least in primaries
>then drops off precipitously among the groups that actually
>turn out. its pretty striking how bad he does with the 50+
>crowd.
>