Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI miss my Mom so god damn much.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13343990&mesg_id=13343990
13343990, I miss my Mom so god damn much.
Posted by walihorse, Tue Aug-20-19 08:41 AM
Today is the 8th day without her. I'm still in shock and numb. I get distracted by something and for a little bit forget the pain and then think that Ill see her again.

8 days without hearing her voice, her laugh, her reprimands, hugging her. That all lives in my memories now and its not enough.

I'm realizing that life will be filled with counting, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, so on... since I lost her.

Going through her belongings was difficult. She was funny man, she had so much stuff, unimportant stuff, but she kept it.

I assume all parent keep things from their child's life, but seeing them preserved with love and care, overwhelms me with happiness and sadness. All things related to my mom will be like that, bittersweet.

I will try to focus more on the happy parts, but right now, it all leads to sadness.

You hear people saying, appreciate the time you got, the people you have, and the moments you share. Well its true. Even with how much as it is said, it not easy. Life seems like its just a series of choices, decisions, and uncertainty. All of these come at you moment by moment and its impossible to plan for it. Please hug, kiss, and enjoy the people that mean the most to you. Almost everything else is trivial.

Thank you again to all your kind words.