Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI agree with most of this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13343384&mesg_id=13344229
13344229, I agree with most of this
Posted by auragin_boi, Wed Aug-21-19 11:09 AM
But this part:

"But that's why I think Warren is smart for trying to target the specific mechanisms with which wealth is hoarded and manipulated. For example, her proposal to enact strict controls on corporate shares and how they are bought and sold. Like we were talking about earlier in the post, the renumeration and wealth of most owners/execs is in shares, not liquid cash. Furthermore, those shares are the main tool with which wealth is hoarded and inflated because they are used to toy with scarcity, manipulate share price, etc. So placing controls on that activity would hopefully a) disincentivize share renumeration as a practice and b) force reinvestment of market gains back into the business (i.e. wages, benefits, training, upgrades) rather than stock buyback schemes and other supply manipulation tactics."

Is wishful thinking. Rich people will always find a way to hoard. I doubt reinvestment will be their go-to. Also to your point after that, how would changing these things affect market conditions? I dunno how to fix this but my thought is, Rich people will have to benefit by not losing anything and the easiest way there is to ease their tax burden but they need to be forced to pay fairly. History has shown, they won't do it voluntarily.