Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'd be ok with easing tax responsibility on shareholders
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13343384&mesg_id=13344017
13344017, I'd be ok with easing tax responsibility on shareholders
Posted by auragin_boi, Tue Aug-20-19 10:59 AM
for a few concessions for employees.

A federal law should be enacted that all employers of a certain size/sales level/profit margin must pay a livable wage for the market they are doing business in. They must also provide low premium/deductible health/dental/vision benefits and offer both a pension and retirement option for employees to opt into.

These benefits must be provided by profit and not a drastic increase in prices for services or goods which the company sells. Inflation of price should follow prior trends and not overtly give weight to more disposable income. Maybe a pricing freeze for 5 yrs with economic pricing strategy monitored by the IRS afterward to ensure that the corps don't go gouging after the freeze?

If all of these items are in place, I'd be ok with a lenient tax rate for job creators/shareholders.

Obviously this would need to be fleshed out and I'm very concerned about viability but this would be a start.

Smaller employers must pay minimum wage and increase wages per profit and growth.