Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI want labor to be a pathway to security and comfort
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13343384&mesg_id=13343769
13343769, I want labor to be a pathway to security and comfort
Posted by Walleye, Sun Aug-18-19 09:38 AM
At present, it isn't. I don't want to own a business or to live in luxury. I just want to work and not have to worry. I don't think the problem is that capitalism is too white and too male, though that definitely doesn't help, but that it is a fundamentally disordered way of relating each other as human beings. It can't function without exploitation.

It sucks writing an answer that sounds glib since all of your responses make me feel the same way that Warren does: I wish I agree that this idea could be redeemed, but I don't agree that it can.

All that said, I'm not sure a revolution that relies on electoral results is a revolution at all, particularly in America. And so while I think that the difference between Sanders and Warren is a difference in kind, not degree - it wouldn't work that way practically and Warren would be an incredibly step forward for the (apparently radical) idea that human beings don't exist to be bled dry for a tiny investor class.