Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectjust watched it on Netflix last night, overall I thought it was great...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13343252&mesg_id=13377162
13377162, just watched it on Netflix last night, overall I thought it was great...
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Apr-08-20 11:20 AM
and it was great to finally see his family that is a source of a lot of his material.

On one hand I feel like it was kind of mainstreamed and "whitewashed" with Jon Stewart and Sarah Silverman being the main hosts but I feel like that was done that way for a reason. Another of the comedians that came out joked about the audience that he didn't know that many old white people were Chappelle fans.

Overall I think he definitely deserved the honor but I was also left thinking about who was or wasn't there and who did and didn't participate as far as black comedians and who's decision was it. Of course Tiffany Haddish opened the show, Eddie did a nice video piece. There were multiple camera shots of Chris Tucker sitting next to Marlon Wayans in the audience. Others were noticeably absent.

Multiple shots of Chance the Rapper in the audience for whatever reason.