Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAre you trans?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13343252&mesg_id=13352554
13352554, Are you trans?
Posted by EAS, Fri Oct-18-19 10:42 AM
Because based on your own logic you should shut the fuck up too!

Trans people are people. People! Not some exception where they have their own little settlement in some corner of America. They are equal and apart of this world like everyone else. To sit back and be like, 'you can make fun of Black, Hispanic, White.....but trans, they are so fragile, you have to leave them alone' is bullshit.

Shit disproportionately affects Blacks, immigrants, women, so on and so forth. That's the world.

I am apart of this world so I am allowed to talk my shit and people are allowed to talk their shit about me. Right or wrong. I am not apart of a community so I should be silent and not hold an opinion? Really? Is that how the world works? Grow the fuck up. People should hold no opinion on Muslims, Christians, atheists, white supremacists, pedophiles? Opinions (...of course many other things) are what makes us human. Your logic is so flawed it's ridiculous.

Today there is a stronger presence behind the lgbtqia community, shit will change. It's changing now because there is more open support than ever before, and will continue. Their issues are on the political forefront, up there with immigration, ahead of many other issues (BLM, climate change); especially on the Democratic ticket.

To treat them as some endangered species that is about to become extinct, and therefore needs some force field of protection on all fronts, is wrong. That's not making them 'human'....it is making them into an 'other'. And it is that 'other' category that makes it harder for acceptance and perpetuates discrimination.