Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI actually agree with this part...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13343252&mesg_id=13345900
13345900, I actually agree with this part...
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sun Sep-01-19 11:35 PM
>Dave had to pretend to not understand the impact of a slur
>said by white ppl to justify his use of gay slurs.

The joke that ended with "I'm not a nigger either" was just so nonsensical that I was like.... nah bruh. I too found it dishonest, but many will argue that being funny is more important than honest or being right. Comedians most often will take the funny route if they can't do both, so that makes him an average comedian. Mediocrity just isn't what I expect from Dave, so it was a bit disappointing to me in that regard. I expect that joke from a comedian I only know from youtube clips that wouldn't even compel me to click the 'like' button.

>It made him a liar

I tend to use that label when people make lying a habit, but I gotta agree that the "I'm not a nigger either" joke was dishonest.
Some justify this by saying no one really takes comedians seriously, and to that I say bullshit, because there's a whole twitter thread on that clip filled with comments like "FACTS!", "100%", "Shut that white exec down!" etc., so there are those people who do think he actually made a great point there.