Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectbig difference between pushing boundaries and cheap shock value
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13343252&mesg_id=13345827
13345827, big difference between pushing boundaries and cheap shock value
Posted by Stadiq, Sat Aug-31-19 09:16 PM
This one is a lot of cheap shock value.

And nah, it isn't because I "dont like Dave" or "dont get Dave" or "must have never liked Dave" or don't have a sense of humor or whatever other wild shit is being thrown at people who just didn't find this thing funny.

I love Dave. I love his old shit. I love his new shit. I think dude is a genius.

I did not like this.

It wasn't that funny. It lacked his usual amount of self-awareness. He seemed more interested in shocking people than being funny.

And yes, at times he punched down.

And we are all laughing at child molestation now? Word? (What threw me is I heard of/read about the suicide stuff, etc.- but not much about the child molestation jokes. Those were much worse imo)

He was so focused on shocking people that not only was it not that funny...but he diluted his points.

Can I say that and still "get Dave" or nah?

Can I passionately dislike UMC and still be a Common fan?

Does one have to like Nastradamus to be a Nas fan?

Or can some of yall lighten up (ironic) and accept that this particular special just wasn't for some of us??

And I'm sorry, but if Breitbart is cosigning your shit to make THEIR point, you have to question yourself.

I'm not cancelling him. I'm not throwing out my DVDs. I'm just saying I didn't find this shit very funny.